Operation Snowfox - Persian Gulf PvE Playground - Page 41 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #401
Super Wabbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twwhitey View Post
This is interesting - with all the “free time” I’ve got at the moment I’ve wanted to try and augment Surrexens great missions in a way to tie runway/airbase attacks/damage to the deactivation of the enemy caps... and then try to find a way to incorporate the fact that an airbase/cap is out of commission into the info saved in the persistence data.

This would allow single players (like me) to make all out attempts to bomb enemy cap airfields in an effort to gain air superiority so that you then shift to CAS/Ground attack using the A-10 (which generally doesn’t last long even with support packages tagging along).

This is interesting I wonder if it works.

The only problem at the moment is the latest few DCS updates have really borked performance for me in these missions. I’ve been pretty much immune to poor FPS forever but I fired up v122 of the Clearfield mission last night and the FPS I was getting was 60%-70% worse than usual...pretty sad.
I've added a radio trigger to disable Red Cap by setting the airbases' resources to zero. This means that if the air defense system has already spawned aircraft, that aircraft will remain and will even land and respawn as long as they are not destroyed. I also have a trigger that will re-enable the Red Cap by setting the airbases' resources to nill which sets them to their mission default of infinite resources so that the defense network will spawn more aircraft. I quite like this because it still gives you something to shoot at on the way into the target but then you don't get overwhelmed at the target. If you disable cap right at the beginning of the mission, usually nothing spawns.

I added this feature before Surrexen added his update in v129 that keeps aircraft from spawning on top of you within 40nm of an airbase. I think Surrexen's solution is far more elegant and more importantly to me, realistic.

Given that, I think it'd be possible to set a trigger that if a bomb is dropped on a runway then you could set airbase resources to zero. You could also add a timer that would reset them to nil too. I don't know off the top of my head how to make that persistent though.

Use trigger type "Do Script" and simply have it run the following commands to set resources to zero:
Code:
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Alpha", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_Lengeh, { "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, 0 )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Beta", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Lar_Airbase, { "SQ RUS MiG-21Bis", "SQ RUS MiG-29A", "SQ RUS MiG-29S", "SQ RUS MiG-23MLD", "SQ RUS MiG-25PD", "SQ RUS MiG-31", "SQ RUS Su-27", "SQ RUS Su-30", "SQ RUS Su-33" }, 0 )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Gamma", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Havadarya, { "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, 0 )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Delta", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_Abbas_Intl, { "SQ RUS MiG-21Bis", "SQ RUS MiG-29A", "SQ RUS MiG-29S", "SQ RUS MiG-23MLD", "SQ RUS MiG-25PD", "SQ RUS MiG-31", "SQ RUS Su-27", "SQ RUS Su-30", "SQ RUS Su-33" }, 0 )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Epsilon", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_e_Jask_airfield, { "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, 0 )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Tau", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Lar_Airbase, { "SQ RUS MiG-21Bis", "SQ RUS MiG-29A", "SQ RUS MiG-29S", "SQ RUS MiG-23MLD", "SQ RUS MiG-25PD", "SQ RUS MiG-31", "SQ RUS Su-27", "SQ RUS Su-30", "SQ RUS Su-33", "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, 0 )
Then to reset them to nil:
Code:
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Alpha", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_Lengeh, { "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, nil )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Beta", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Lar_Airbase, { "SQ RUS MiG-21Bis", "SQ RUS MiG-29A", "SQ RUS MiG-29S", "SQ RUS MiG-23MLD", "SQ RUS MiG-25PD", "SQ RUS MiG-31", "SQ RUS Su-27", "SQ RUS Su-30", "SQ RUS Su-33" }, nil )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Gamma", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Havadarya, { "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, nil )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Delta", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_Abbas_Intl, { "SQ RUS MiG-21Bis", "SQ RUS MiG-29A", "SQ RUS MiG-29S", "SQ RUS MiG-23MLD", "SQ RUS MiG-25PD", "SQ RUS MiG-31", "SQ RUS Su-27", "SQ RUS Su-30", "SQ RUS Su-33" }, nil )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Epsilon", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Bandar_e_Jask_airfield, { "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, nil )
REDA2ADispatcher:SetSquadron( "Tau", AIRBASE.PersianGulf.Lar_Airbase, { "SQ RUS MiG-21Bis", "SQ RUS MiG-29A", "SQ RUS MiG-29S", "SQ RUS MiG-23MLD", "SQ RUS MiG-25PD", "SQ RUS MiG-31", "SQ RUS Su-27", "SQ RUS Su-30", "SQ RUS Su-33", "SQ IRN F-4E", "SQ IRN F-5E-3", "SQ IRN MiG-21Bis", "SQ IRN MiG-29A" }, nil )
Super Wabbit is offline   Reply With Quote