2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

He's most likely talking about the Weekend News thread, and if it's working for you, it's most likely because you have the prerequisite permissions to view the image links, whereas us regular users do not…

IMGPermissions.png

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

He's most likely talking about the Weekend News thread, and if it's working for you, it's most likely because you have the prerequisite permissions to view the image links, whereas us regular users do not…

Yeah, in the email I got I can see images, in the weekend news thread, the images are absent.

I can see the screenshots in the usual place however.

Edited by Northstar98
Fixed Quote

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

I just wanna say one word: TYPHOOooooooN! :D

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

DCS and Early Access products these days. Thanks but no thanks.

Eh, they could pull a Deka and deliver a feature complete product. They could even take a shortcut and do an A2A Tranche 1 first, and add the multirole Tranche 2 later.

So, I'm curious- truegrit has a section on this forum on the same day as announcement, but weeks later flyingiron still doesn't? Why is that? Both have revealed pretty much the same amount of info. Not that truegrit shouldn't have it's subforum, what puzzles me is why the same wasn't done for flyingiron? It would be nice to have a dedicated place to pester them whether their project is done yet or not

Newey? Dragon? Anyone?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

So, I'm curious- truegrit has a section on this forum on the same day as announcement, but weeks later flyingiron still doesn't? Why is that? Both have revealed pretty much the same amount of info. Not that truegrit shouldn't have it's subforum, what puzzles me is why the same wasn't done for flyingiron? It would be nice to have a dedicated place to pester them whether their project is done yet or not

Newey? Dragon? Anyone?

It looks like Truegrit is further along (they've shown DCS screenshots), so maybe that's why.

• ED Team

Newey? Dragon? Anyone?

No mystery, when a third party is ready for a forum section we create it.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Stoked with the news about the Eurofighter :]

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Slartibartfast might be available, although it might be a bit of a challenge getting him from Magrathea with all of these travel bans in place :)

The current problems are obviously the result of a manufacturing defect, and we should expect warranty service at the very least, if not additional compensation for negligence.

I did receive the e-mail notification so thanks for fixing that along the new news format.

No luck this time. Too soon to thank.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Well, the hangar deck is a disaster. No hanger deck in the history of the US Navy has looked that pristine. Ever. Piles of garbage, pallets of...something, spare parts, loose equipment, Chiefs standing around, people smoking, playing hoops. Downchecked aircraft, movie nights...there's no limit. :thumbup:

Well, the hangar deck is a disaster. No hanger deck in the history of the US Navy has looked that pristine. Ever. Piles of garbage, pallets of...something, spare parts, loose equipment, Chiefs standing around, people smoking, playing hoops. Downchecked aircraft, movie nights...there's no limit. :thumbup:

Well, you don't want your PC to render that in real time:

https://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--4lFPp9g---/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/njaggp7qrdmmcv2prdoa.jpg

Otoh I would gladly see some shadows on the night deck.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• ED Team

Hi all,

Please keep the feed back mature and constructive, off topic and trolling comments will be removed.

Forum rules can be found at the top of the forum

if you have a problem with moderation please PM me or nineline.

thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Am I understanding this weeks newsletter correct, that all modules will be free to try for an entire month? Not two days, but an entire month?

In view of last months response, we are pleased to announce our upcoming Free For All event, starting April 19th, where you are welcome to try any and all our products (except campaigns) for free and without limitation for one month. This unlimited access to all our suite of products, including our top fighter jets, such as the F-16C, F/A-18C and A-10C Warthog will help take your mind off things for a while, giving you the opportunity to try something new, and to own it for 50% or less than the normal price.*

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4290405#post4290405

That is very large of you, thank you :thumbup:

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |