Voice attack Audio recording and playback, like an audio memo

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to record my voice and then playback audio file. Like an audio memo / scratch pad using Voice attack.

I know you can dictate to scratch pad and get that to play back. But I'd like to skip the interpretation of what I said and just listen to my own recording.

Would be great if you could say:

"record" Blahh Blaah "stop record"

Then access file and play back:

"play blahh blahh" or "play recording 1"

I'm just thinking while I have my head in CDU I wouldn't need to look up etc.

If anyone has any idea's it would be really appreciated, I've had a look but can't find anything this specific.

Cheers

Andrew

Hi,

I'm trying to work out how to record my voice and then playback audio file. Like an audio memo / scratch pad using Voice attack.

I know you can dictate to scratch pad and get that to play back. But I'd like to skip the interpretation of what I said and just listen to my own recording.

Would be great if you could say:

"record" Blahh Blaah "stop record"

Then access file and play back:

"play blahh blahh" or "play recording 1"

I'm just thinking while I have my head in CDU I wouldn't need to look up etc.

If anyone has any idea's it would be really appreciated, I've had a look but can't find anything this specific.

Cheers

Andrew

I'm sure it can be done. Voice Attack is fantastic to do all sorts of stuff. Join the Voice Attack Discord, I'm positive Pfeil and the other guys will sort it out.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I'm sure it can be done. Voice Attack is fantastic to do all sorts of stuff. Join the Voice Attack Discord, I'm positive Pfeil and the other guys will sort it out.

Can you send there link for discord please?

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

Can you send there link for discord please?
Sure, hold on.

Yeah, and on the top of my head. If what you want is not natively supported directly in Voice Attack, there must be external apps that might be evoked to do this!

Sure, hold on.

Yeah, and on the top of my head. If what you want is not natively supported directly in Voice Attack, there must be external apps that might be evoked to do this!

Thanks so much!

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

Many thanks, I'll try Discord, like you I'm sure it can be done. I was trying to work out the command to start Voice recorder than access the files to play back. But to be honest that's all beyond me.

I've posted in Discord, with any luck I'll be able to come back to you all with a profile or something of some kind.

Edited by Andrew u.k.

Many thanks, I'll try Discord, like you I'm sure it can be done. I was trying to work out the command to start Voice recorder than access the files to play back. But to be honest that's all beyond me.

I've posted in Discord, with any luck I'll be able to come back to you all with a profile or something of some kind.

Yup! I saw your post there. I will follow. Hopefully I'll learn something!

On a squadron mission, the flight leader reads out coordinates, in vr I'm trying to write them down and then inputting in to cdu. It requires writing and peaking through headset.

When I read back coordinates to flight leader and record at the same time, I can then input later with audio when I'm looking at cdu.

I'm hoping it will save looking through the nose gap at my scribble.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Ah, cool. I had a feeling it was something like that.

Have you tried that kneeboard scratch pad mod for VR?

I think you can use a mouse but it's mainly for a digital notepad, if I remember correctly.

I use an app on my phone for this kind of thing - Easy Voice Recorder - yeah, you still have to look through the nose gap but I find it pretty easy.

All it takes is one tap to start recording (because I have it set up beforehand) and one to stop, then another tap to play it.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

It looks like this Voice attack profile will work. I've not had a chance to try it out in game, but just in VA it does the above.

I'm going to map the start, stop and playback to hotas buttons.

https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1959.0),

I tried to get it working in DCS and didn't have success. The phone solution may be better and the dictation in Scratch pad.

I tried to get it working in DCS and didn't have success. The phone solution may be better and the dictation in Scratch pad.
Too bad. Where did you find @Chic's VA profile for the scratch pad? If I got it correct that there is one.

Here it is

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229077&page=5

at the bottom of the page.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3760088&postcount=50

You may need to position the cursor if you are using VR to Focus the scratch pad. Have a look at the post where I show you how to do that if you don't know.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4268382&postcount=178

I found the dictation mode worked well with a bit of training.

Edited by Andrew u.k.

Voice attack Audio recording and playback, like an audio memo

I tried it and it's brilliant. I needed to make a few adjustment to the profile so that I could integrate it into VAICOM Pro - now works like a charm as part of my VAICOM profile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

overalien

Hog Driver starting to really like the Tomcat

System specs:

Intel i7-8700k - OC to 5.0 GHz

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

7 Displays (3 x 1440p, 1 X 1080p, 3 X Lilliput Touch) | 3 x Cougar MFDs

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Here it is

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=229077&page=5

at the bottom of the page.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3760088&postcount=50

You may need to position the cursor if you are using VR to Focus the scratch pad. Have a look at the post where I show you how to do that if you don't know.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4268382&postcount=178

I found the dictation mode worked well with a bit of training.

Super cool!!! Thanks a million!

I'll check it out after mandatory garden work!

Did you get the voice recorder working? Any chance of sharing your profile?

Here it is. All credit to the original developer, I just made a few tweaks to suit my needs. Note that DX21 on my HOTAS Controls "End Recording" as well as "End Playback" - I cannot use the kbd "ENTER" key in the default profile because it is used by DCS and would cause craziness there...

To use, I add this profile as an"Include Commands from Other Profiles" to the Main Voice Attack Profile.

To get this into Voice Attack and integrated with VAICOM you must

1. Deactivate Plugin Support in Voice Attack (under Settings, First Tab)
  2. Set Voice Attack to start with VAICOM Pro Profile as default (under Settings, First Tab)
  3. Import the vax file in the attached zip as an imported profile
  4. Edit the VAICOM Profile's Options to include commands from this new imported profile
  5. Re-Activate Plugin Support in Voice Attack (under Settings, First Tab)
  6. Restart Voice Attack
  7. Edit the Voice Recorder Profile to modify the STOP commands "Recording" and "Playback" to fit your HOTAS (best to use an unused DX or at worst a single keyboard key if you have a free one that is not used in DCS)

Audio Recorder & Playback Franz MOD.zip

overalien

System specs:

| 32 GB RAM 3600 MHz | Nvidia 1080ti SLi | Mixed Storage - Win 10 and DCS on Samsung SSD 970 Pro

Flightgear:

| Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR Pedals | iBEAM Shaker + Simshaker for Aviators w. Sound Module | Helios | VAICOM Pro + AIRIO | TrackIR 5

Thanks,

I've had a look at your profile. If I wanted to get this working on a standard install of voice attack, would I need to do anything apart from setting up my Hotas as in point 7?

Cheers

Andrew

I've loaded it up and all seems to work OK, however when I start recording I can't stop it and I'm unsure which value to change.

Edited by Andrew u.k.

Hi

You need to open up and edit the profile in voice attack. Once open, there are two commands with a c# script in each. For the first "Record Audio" just double click the command to edit it. In editing there are two places which refer to stop recording in the script. Just choose the command and select edit. Edit those settings to add a button press setting from your hotas, replacing mine. It's all pretty intuitive. Just make sure when you edit that all the right boxes are ticked and you choose the right controller from the drop down.... and you use a free hotas key for it. You can do the same in the Play Audio command to stop audio playback if you want or just leave it if it's not important for you. This is what I changed in the default profile. It was set to use the Enter key to stop recording...

Hope it's clear enough.

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear:

Many thanks for that. I'm all set up.

It took a bit of figuring out as I don't really use voice attack much. I couldn't work out why my joystick wouldn't work in game but would when focused on VA. I had to change a setting. Now it's all good.:thumbup:

Many thanks for that. I'm all set up.

It took a bit of figuring out as I don't really use voice attack much. I couldn't work out why my joystick wouldn't work in game but would when focused on VA. I had to change a setting. Now it's all good.:thumbup:

Glad I could help mate

overalien

System specs:

Flightgear: