F-14 Autopilot stopped worrking? bug?

deamonesque

Weirdly, I am no longer able to get the autopilot to engage with the AP Ref button In the F-14.

The A/P Ref light comes on on the dash when I turn the autopilot on, but pushing the Nose wheel steering button no longer turns the light off off or engages the autopilot. Probably happening since the last update??

Update: I have just uninstalled the F-14 module, deleted all F14 folders in coremods and mods aircraft folders, also removed all my saved games folders, and had them rebuild by doing a repair, but the problem persists.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

For me it only engages when i have a near perfect trimming - which also gotten extremely worse since the last patch. (FFB 2 Joystick)

When the A/P disengages automatically or manually the trimming is completely off the map.

I don't know if this is accurate to real life trimming but it sucks big time.

Hi F Creason,

Ok. That appears to be it. Did that change or get tweaked in the last update? It did not seem to behave like that before?

I did notice though that if my stick has a lot of jitter in the neutral position this was read as input and the autopilot would not engage. I added some big dead zones in it then it worked. Is there a .lua file that can be adjusted to set the tolerance of reading the zero stick input to the autopilot?

Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

No change, has been that way for a long time. If you have jitter causing the AP to engage it sounds like you may have a hardware problem. I can engage AP using my MS Sidewinder 2 without issue.

Systems Engineer & FM Modeler

Heatblur Simulations

Ok. Thanks Creason.

Yes the hardware has a small imballance but many probably do out there. As I say, this was never an issue before about a couple of weeks ago when it engaged everytime no probs even if I had a small amount of weight on the stick. So there is not a lua file to adjust I guess.

Anyway thanks for the pointer on how to make it work now. I hope this post is usefull for anyone else with the same issue.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]