Maverick PRE mode + TGP no handoff completed

RagnarBSE

Had the same issue, until i saw this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4501641&postcount=4

So it seems Auto handoff would work only with D and H variant, and TGP in BHOT/WHOT.

To be confirmed, but at least it works fine under these conditions.

Man handoff works with other conditions.

I will try and update if solved ;) thx m8 !

Had the same issue, until i saw this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4501641&postcount=4

So it seems Auto handoff would work only with D and H variant, and TGP in BHOT/WHOT.

To be confirmed, but at least it works fine under these conditions.

Man handoff works with other conditions.

Steph but do you know if is the same in the real world of is a game bug?

Steph but do you know if is the same in the real world of is a game bug?

It's D and G variant sorry, i've edited my previous post.

It's documented that automated mechanization works for AGM 65 D/G, and that AGM-65 video is compared to TGP video and slewed to align with TGP video, track is then commanded.

So to have AGM video and TGP video compared, makes sense to have TGP in same video mode than AGM65.

Wags also mention in his video that AUTO hand off is only available for D/G variant

Documentation don't mention H/K CCD variant. From Wags video, it seems it will only be able to correlate AGM-65 H/K LOS with TGP , then you'll have to switch to WPN page to manually lock the target.

Edited by Steph21

:music_whistling:

My Rig:I7 4790K OC to 4.5 GHz .Memory ram 16GB 64 Bit MOB Asus Maximus hero VII Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 T Asus Monitor 4K at 3840x2160 Windos 10 64-bit on SDD 500 and DCS on separate SSD drive. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog CH pro pedals

Syria, mid day, CAVOK, no track because MP

In those conditions my 65Ds were unable to track anything beyond ~8 miles (range as seen on the WPN page). TMS up on the WPN page didn't work either. I think the A-10C has to deal with a similar range limitation.

Once within 8 miles the handoff would complete just fine, so I assume it's just an issue with the IR MAV's tracking range.

Maybe the missile performs better during night time, when there should be more contrast between hot targets and cold terrain.

EO sensors like the Shkval have their tracking range artificially reduced, based on TOD and weather. There is no visual feedback, but it happens. Wouldn't be surprised if a similar thing happened to IR sensors, just kinda in reverse.

8nm is good performance for 65D against a tank-sized target. During certain times of day where the hot tank on a colder background swap with a cold tank on a hot background (thermal crossover) the range can be much worse. This is why it was common for A-10s to carry one of each sensor type.

Apart from contrast, a major aspect of centroid track success is target angular size. A car, tank, building, etc. will all have different maximum track ranges because they are different sizes. A small object simply doesn't constitute enough pixels beyond a certain range even if it's the sharpest contrast and clearest edge.