Next possible module that has no MFD

J-20

Next possible module that has no MFD  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Next possible module that has no MFD

I always heard because of its placement it’s to be used up during taxing, that way it won’t affect in flight CG

Yeah that would be prudent. The main takeaway is that they managed to retain the same fuel capacity. Weight would have increased probably, that is if it has not been compensated by using lighter composites.

The Radar in PAF's PGs is Italian, it is specific to PAF. I am not sure about Chinese or Bangladeshi or other countries J-7s.

F-7PG definitely come out before the J-7G and was using the J-7E airframe. The PAF may have put the radar in themselves. If you take a look at the radar corn, it is way too small, because it was designed to house only a ranging radar.

F-7PG definitely come out before the J-7G and was using the J-7E airframe. The PAF may have put the radar in themselves. If you take a look at the radar corn, it is way too small, because it was designed to house only a ranging radar.

Yes exactly. I just started doing some research on J-7, and man there are literally hundred variants. There a separate page on its variants in wiki :D. However i read that the Chinese did install a radar in J-7G, in the Bangladeshi ones its called KLJ-6.

"J/F-7G series is the further development of earlier J-7E series. Contrary to many frequent but erroneous claims, the fire control radar is not the Chinese development of EL/M-2001B radar, because EL/M-2001B is a pulse Doppler ranging only radar.[64] Instead, the Chinese fire control radar for J-G is developed from EL/M-2032 fire control radar China obtained from Israel when it was a subcontractor for Elbit in the Romanian MiG-21 LanceR program described above.[74][75]

J-7G: Upgraded J-7E with more than 30 improvements with Mr. Song Cheng-Zhi (宋承志) as the general designer. Equipped HOTAS and a Chinese derivative of EL/M-2032. However, due to the inherit limitation of the small size of the nosecone, the antenna size of EL/M-2032 has to be greatly reduced, resulting in the drastic decrease of the original 150 km range of EL/M-2032 by approximately 60% to slightly more than 60 km.[92] Development begun in March 2002 and completed in July 2004, with delivery begun in Nov 2004.[86][87]"

It doesn’t matter if J-7E has small nose designed for a 1960s ranging Radar, the Chinese have been able to put in Israeli Elbit 2032 downsized antenna radars with full search capability, no reason the Italians wouldn’t also be capable of such a small search radar.

So yes it absolutely can search, wether small nose cone with KLJ-6 or Grifo 7 or Elbit 2032 with small antenna, if we had such planes in DCS people would be pretty floored with how well they perform despite their size. If those numbers often quoted are even 20% optimistic, it goes to show what sticking with a small reliable design for decades can do for you.

I just don’t think we will see anything like them in DCS for a long time. We can only really get a F-13 style nose with search radar from China, and from what I could tell the similarity to JF-17 would make it maybe not the best selling proposition for quite a while.

Of course I don’t think the Chinese ever added more then heat seekers, no R-77 like capability like Russian modernization. So we would be able search all we want, but it won’t help us fire until we can see it lol:megalol: But hey 30mm dakka kinda makes up for it:D

What would be great is J-7G/PG/E AI. That would be awesome for short ranged air defense of many countries, of an airframe produced until 2011. It definitly deserves to be in DCS someway

Then perhaps we could see how PL-8 and PL-9, already present, perform as well:)

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
J-5A for sure.

Enviado de meu Moto G (5) Plus usando o Tapatalk

You better get all your friends who agree with you to vote with you then.

Because in the current poll shows that J-5A is falling behind many other planes. ;)