Has Deka decided yet? What's their next module?

• 2 weeks later...

I think Deka needs to jump on the AH bandwagon and again show ED and all the other developers how its done.  Once again set that bar nice and high ! 

They knock it out of the park with everything else.  Would love to see the Z10.

Plus it will look nice on the back of their awesome Type 071 !

maxresdefault (1).jpg

Edited by Shrike88
  • Like 2

Its only a Pipe dream if ED stop Deka from developing Su-30. Im worried more about ED stopping the project then Deka them self falling to get the intel. ED announced Su-27SM/Su-27S before witch stopped anyone considering doing it. Later on from the political situation and EDs actions made it impossible to make anything modern that is Russian. That made ED to announce that anyone who could make a modern Russian model was free to do so. 

I dont trust ED and their business model and see ED as the biggest threat to Su-30. Who knows they might think they can make Su-30 instead in future. ED dont care anyway that their costumers have to wait for years for bug fixes not to mention new models in Alpha stages.  

Edited by Teknetinium
  • Like 2

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

On 2/20/2021 at 12:07 AM, Pikey said:

Its got to be something that is possible. With data, good public documentation or at least records and extrapolated data.

Su-30 seems to be a pipedream. Stick to simple and realistic.

Yeah let's just wish for something simple because it takes less time and effort even though it dosent bring anything interesting and fun

Edited by IkarusC42B Pilot
  • Like 2

Oh yeah, I can see that business meeting.

Wags: Hi everyone, let's get started. BN, any news from the forums?
BN: Many users keep asking for a Flanker, especially a modern one

Nick: Sounds like we could get a great return on that if many people want it. Can't have that. Quick, let's code up a new JDAM delivery mode and forget about the Flanker! That'll teach these people to love anything that isn't a Western jet!

Wags: *evil Palpatine laugh*

Give me a break. ED is a business. If they see an opportunity to make a Flanker, they will, because it's a popular aircraft. There isn't some conspiracy to piss off Redfor pilots for the giggles.

Edited by TLTeo
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, TLTeo said:

Oh yeah, I can see that business meeting.

Wags: Hi everyone, let's get started. BN, any news from the forums?
BN: Many users keep asking for a Flanker, especially a modern one

Nick: Sounds like we could get a great return on that if many people want it. Can't have that. Quick, let's code up a new JDAM delivery mode and forget about the Flanker! That'll teach these people to love anything that isn't a Western jet!

Wags: *evil Palpatine laugh*

Give me a break. ED is a business. If they see an opportunity to make a Flanker, they will, because it's a popular aircraft. There isn't some conspiracy to piss off Redfor pilots for the giggles.

True, and there have been efforts to satisfy people's 2000s redfor needs by them.

ED is still imperfect, they don't understand that part of FC3's appeal is not just that the planes are easy to get into.

But that they're the only modern sim options for people who genuinely like planes such as the F-15C Su-27 and MiG-29 and as a result refuse to address serious shortcomings like major bugs and missing and incomplete features

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope they do what people want and pull through on delivering an Su-30MKK. A full fidelity, multicrew Sukhoi, but better yet, a Chinese Flanker?! I would be in heaven! 
In my personal opinion, I hope we don't get a Q-5 only because we already have the MiG-19P and it's too similar in my eyes. 

I would much prefer a J-7II or J-8II, but that's only if they refuse to take the deep dive and develop one of the most highly-requested modules in DCS.

I hope we get some kind of news soon about what they are planning or decide to do next.

• Like 5

H-6 would be a real game changer, a true one, not like the last promised game changer.

I admit, bombers might be difficult for the map size we currently have.

But it is not that you really have to fly long sorties / are only able to fly long sorties.

And we also don't know how big the Marianas will get and we know that the Falklands will get big.

I hope they will really pioneer this thing, lets have a bomber in DCS!

I don't even care about the variant and I cannot say that for all other available and currently known future modules.

• Like 7

Alias in Discord: Mailman

Its gonna be a F105...

• Like 3

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Since DEKA did hint they had this PTSD issue doing big screen MFD equipped planes and they do need a break from that. Also the Su-30 series is pretty much well known that it is the most awaited plane, but at the same time Chinese would need some permission from Russia on this.

Also H-6 Bomber....is a complicated one, and it is risky to develop it with current DCS maps. Also it would only have much more big purchase in MP users at most. It is a niche class...being a bomber and would need a good AI to work well on SP. So not much enjoyable if AI is not good for SP users. So ultimately this complicated 4 seat bomber and to model all that, it is going to have to pay out. There aren't a lot of MP users with all having solid connections.

We already have a rough idea on how a NEW module would take X amount years to develop and to be out of EA. This bomber is going to take a lot more than that and has to pay out for all that tough development and modeling on that.

So, with all this above, Realistically, I can only see DEKA trying out, or going for the following planes.

1. J-8ii being the Chinese specialty; heavily modeled after the Mig 21. Looks like it has higher landing speed than the Mig 21...it is going to be lovely flying it.:biggrin:

2. J-7 late variants; is also doable and has some GOOD difference from the current Mig 21bis we have. 

3. Q-5 Fantan.

The above said 3 of them has good secondary capabilities of A2G on for the first 2 and A2A for the 3rd. Also, all are having cannons for any emergency engagements. It gives us choices of being multipurpose.

If a miracle...we might just see a watered down Su-30 with some sensitive features omitted. Pretty sure all in ED also knows just how hyped the Full fidelity Flanker is. An FF flanker that can at least somewhat toe in with the current Blueforce jets...especially since they all have AMRAAM advantage of fire and forget.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jojyrocks said:

Since DEKA did hint they had this PTSD issue doing big screen MFD equipped planes and they do need a break from that. Also the Su-30 series is pretty much well known that it is the most awaited plane, but at the same time Chinese would need some permission from Russia on this.

Also H-6 Bomber....is a complicated one, and it is risky to develop it with current DCS maps. Also it would only have much more big purchase in MP users at most. It is a niche class...being a bomber and would need a good AI to work well on SP. So not much enjoyable if AI is not good for SP users. So ultimately this complicated 4 seat bomber and to model all that, it is going to have to pay out. There aren't a lot of MP users with all having solid connections.

We already have a rough idea on how a NEW module would take X amount years to develop and to be out of EA. This bomber is going to take a lot more than that and has to pay out for all that tough development and modeling on that.

So, with all this above, Realistically, I can only see DEKA trying out, or going for the following planes.

1. J-8ii being the Chinese specialty; heavily modeled after the Mig 21. Looks like it has higher landing speed than the Mig 21...it is going to be lovely flying it.:biggrin:

2. J-7 late variants; is also doable and has some GOOD difference from the current Mig 21bis we have. 

3. Q-5 Fantan.

The above said 3 of them has good secondary capabilities of A2G on for the first 2 and A2A for the 3rd. Also, all are having cannons for any emergency engagements. It gives us choices of being multipurpose.

If a miracle...we might just see a watered down Su-30 with some sensitive features omitted. Pretty sure all in ED also knows just how hyped the Full fidelity Flanker is. An FF flanker that can at least somewhat toe in with the current Blueforce jets...especially since they all have AMRAAM advantage of fire and forget.

Bro what are you talking about. J-8II is based off of the Su-15... Also as much as I want a J-7, they are more than likely going to go for the Q-5.

56 minutes ago, IcedVenom said:

Bro what are you talking about. J-8II is based off of the Su-15... Also as much as I want a J-7, they are more than likely going to go for the Q-5.

I have never seen any Source stating that the J-8 is based on the Su-15 🤔.

But rather that it was envisioned As an enlarged twin engine version of the Mig-21/J-7. 

While the New intakes for the J-8II were inspired by those of the Mig-23

(as China had acquired a couple of Mig-23s for study).

Edited by mattebubben
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, mattebubben said:

I have never seen any Source stating that the J-8 is based on the Su-15 🤔.

But rather that it was envisioned As an enlarged twin engine version of the Mig-21/J-7. 

While the New intakes for the J-8II were inspired by those of the Mig-23

(as China had acquired a couple of Mig-23s for study).

I apologize. I was under the assumption that it was inspired by the Su-15 but a more modern domestic design. Thanks for correcting me. If we don't end up getting Su-30MKK or J-7II, I hope we get this one.

EDIT: After further research it turns out I was half right. The solid nose configuration was directly inspired from the Su-15.

Edited by IcedVenom