Can we talk radios? Is it just me?

sublime

Hey btw still not working even cbound the keys for the radios. Stand by got a track - you can sed in the track on comms menu what radios being used btw.ill cat off and see if being airborne helps.

I can't access your dropbox. Can you attach the track file directly to your forum post?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Requesting "Startup" on a Supercarrier will not work 98% of the time anyway, don't use this as an example.

The one necessary radio contact is 'Inbound' for the Boat.

What I do.

The solid way to setup ATC/Jester-TAC boat comms for any frequency inc. 127.5 is

- Tell Jester to set his AN/ARC-182 radio (menu-menu-"1")

- Tell Jester to "TUNE TAC RADIO" ("8") which is the Boat radio - so Not 'ATC' which are airfields according to Jester

- Then choose the boat from the options / the other options being Tankers and AWACS

( Jester appears to have Boat ATC grouped with Tankers and AWACS )

- rear ARC-182 now set properly - any frequency possible

( Jester appears to override any Presets from the ME, so then switches to Manual Freq. or CH # if there is a correct Preset, and which now shows either the correct Preset CH or the manual TAC Freq of the boat being dialed in, in the bottom repeater in the Pilot seat)

- Now to punch in Radio AN/ARC-182 from the front seat you key : " RCTRL + \ "

(so not just " \ " as per EZ or " RAlt+ \ " for the front ARC-159 radio)

- The header above the radio comms menu will say and Has To Say" " VHF / UHF ARC-182 "

which is the correct rear seat radio for any comms inc. lower that 225.

- Then the standard F5 'ATC'

- Then pick the Boat from the list

- Select "Inbound" (F1)

et voila, whatever the Boat frequency, use the back radio through Jester, Jester appears to read the Boat frequency straight from the mission file, never wrong.

BTW Jester TACAN TAC RADIO is sometimes borked, you do this twice (2x) in succession, and that fixes that

(doesn't set the last digit correct first time, sometimes)

Edited by majapahit

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Jeesh QuiNon - I swear to god Im adding a fine print sig disclaimer to all my posts

Make sure to do a quadruple typo check when you do. The thread was painful to read.

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

I read quickly to the point were "both" is being used. It is not functional in DCS. Unfortunately the DCS radio structure does not "understand" it as suggested above, I'll go along with this metaphor. Hence we could not implement it. SRS works a bit differently. It's mentioned in the manual, btw, it is always worth to check.

Also due to the nature of the Tomcat's split radios between pilot and rio, mc etc etc.. we recommend to keep easy comms off, they can break the radio (nothing we have influence on). Not necessarily that they do, but we had enough reports where this was the case.

For AI communication, always use either UHF1 or UHF2 inputs to queue the proper radio respectively.

vLmksii.png

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

My disclaimers at start of posta btw are more slanted twds dont lknk mento chucks guide or youtube.

Believe me neither say anything about this

I don't belive you because it's on page 376 (ver updated : 14/10/2019)

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I don't belive you because it's on page 376 (ver updated : 14/10/2019)

Of chucks guide? Let me look becuse I dont recall that.

As far as not believing me.. i could care less. I dont believe *you* about clicking on the tv thing to make the hexagon wrench thing wrk because I just tried and it didnt work. (What do you have to be on ground)?

Of chucks guide? Let me look becuse I dont recall that.

As far as not believing me.. i could care less. I dont believe *you* about clicking on the tv thing to make the hexagon wrench thing wrk because I just tried and it didnt work. (What do you have to be on ground)?

TV? It is for HUD camera :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4502143&postcount=38 (red X is clicky)

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

TV? It is for HUD camera :)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4502143&postcount=38 (red X is clicky)

Yes It records like a tv. Thats exactly what im referring to.. so you need to click under it?!

Edit i click that thing which is what i thought we were discussing (we are) and nada!

Not in air. Not on cv.

See track pls

the mouse cursor doesnt change and clicking all over that area does nothing. confirmed in track I could click other stufff.

HEX.trk

Edited by sublime

Are you sure you are on latest open beta, bud? If you open DCS, it will read the version number on the bottom right corner. In order for it to work it has to be this version, just verify to be sure:

Current openbeta is 2.5.6.55363

Also, of course you have to have cockpit mouse enabled. Do you get the green pointers and crosses when hovering over the other switches? If not, try left alt + c. This should enable/disable your cockpit mouse.

Else I am not sure why it wouldn't work on your side.

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Are you sure you are on latest open beta, bud? If you open DCS, it will read the version number on the bottom right corner. In order for it to work it has to be this version, just verify to be sure:

Current openbeta is 2.5.6.55363

Also, of course you have to have cockpit mouse enabled. Do you get the green pointers and crosses when hovering over the other switches? If not, try left alt + c. This should enable/disable your cockpit mouse.

Else I am not sure why it wouldn't work on your side.

It was the update. The autoupdate stopped workong for some reason ty