Multiplayer Server Question

davebert

My neighbor and I were going to try (for the 1st time) to fly together on map and I was able to open the port on my router and set up a game but it was using a map from the FC3 module. We wanted to fly together on a map but use our purchased jets (F5-E and Saber) but being it was my first time we ended up having to use the available jets so we took the Migs. So how do we set up to use our clickable cockpit jets and fly together on a map or terrain using the IP address method? Is it possible to do this and if so, how?

Thanks,

Dave

Edit: Moderator, I moved this to the Multiplayer section.

Edited by davebert

If you are going to join a Multiplayer server you can see wich planes are available in the discription. Some servers only use the WWII era planes and some servers use almost every plane, so you can check it out before you join the server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you are going to join a Multiplayer server you can see wich planes are available in the discription. Some servers only use the WWII era planes and some servers use almost every plane, so you can check it out before you join the server.

I was referring to hosting my own server so my neighbor could join me in a private game or flight. I think I have to create a mission but I haven't tried that yet. Does that sound about right? He has an F86 Saber and I have purchased the F5-E so we wanted to fly those jets.

Thanks

You have to go into the mission editor and set up a mission the way you want it.

Set aircraft groups and set their difficulty to client.

Try that for a start.

In the phone right now, can't provide more guidance

EDIT: I believe you can find most of the basic functions you need here

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/223750/manuals/DCS%20User%20Manual%20EN.pdf

In the ME section, in the mean time

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

You have to go into the mission editor and set up a mission the way you want it.

Set aircraft groups and set their difficulty to client.

Try that for a start.

In the phone right now, can't provide more guidance

EDIT: I believe you can find most of the basic functions you need here

http://cdn.edgecast.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/223750/manuals/DCS%20User%20Manual%20EN.pdf

In the ME section, in the mean time

Thanks for the info. I will read that section in the manual and set up a mission afterwards to see if it works.