Old Saitek X52 Good Enough?

Depending on what you are using now, it could be a good deal. Not the greatest stick but not the worst and certainly better than most things that you could buy new at that price.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Depending on what you are using now, it could be a good deal. Not the greatest stick but not the worst and certainly better than most things that you could buy new at that price.

I am currently on $5 joy. without throttle controller xD

So I assume this will be a great boost :P according to your reply.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it will be a revolution for you then

but be advised that x-52 and other saitek stuff have some quality problems.

i had thrown mine away due to centering loosing problems

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Hi Wizav,

I have been playing with a X52 for the past 8 years without any problem. Only this week it's been finally substituted (but I'll keep it as a spare emergency stick) with a loooong-awaited VKB Gunfighter.

Just to be sure, you should try to plug it in, launch DCS, and check the axes responses within the axis calibration tool in DCS. You'll easily notice if the stick has any problem. Mind you, the X52 throttle, sliders and rotaries are (in)famously affected by Parkinson's syndrome. However, I was never really bothered by it (except for the fact that I could never assign the zoom to the slider).

Enjoy!

Nunc est bibendum, nunc pede libero pulsanda tellus

Look around for something other. The regular X52 is not good at all. To use the Saitek X52 you need at least the Pro version. I recommend saving your money and try to save enough to buy the X52 Pro new, or the new Logitec X56.

Just got it, set Mig15 and F15C full profile... it's great really.

Glad you are happy with it. Regardless what other think, that is all that matters.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

Glad you are happy with it. Regardless what other think, that is all that matters.

Well it's much better than what I had..

It's a progress...

I don't want to rush myself into something very fast.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well it's much better than what I had..

It's a progress...

I don't want to rush myself into something very fast.

Eventually, you'll want something better. You'll want something with pedals and such, but if you're just getting into this? You'll never do yourself a disservice by just testing the waters with incremental upgrades.

If you want some advice for when that day does come? Get a set of pedals first. You can lock the X-52's twist axis.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Look around for something other. The regular X52 is not good at all. To use the Saitek X52 you need at least the Pro version. I recommend saving your money and try to save enough to buy the X52 Pro new, or the new Logitec X56.

It’s a good thing you posted this.....I’ve been happily and effectively using the X-52(non-pro) for 2 years before finding your post telling me how horrible it is...... :thumbup: