Deactivation with multiple DCS installs

I was planning on upgrading my OS from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and I have two installs of DCS - 2.5.1 OB and 1.5.8 (old) release versions. If I go into the module manager of 2.5.1 and deactivate my modules (or do it via the *_protect.exe and/or pcnsl.exe programs in the module "bin" folder), will that synchronize with the 1.5.8 version? I'm hoping to avoid a situation where I go to reactivate them after the upgrade and it takes two activations per module because of the two installs.

Any clarifying comments/suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

• ED Team

hi,

your activation's are in your registry so you only have to do it once no matter how many installs you have.

Just go into the bin folder of each of your modules on one install and use the protect.exe it will allow you to deactivate.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks BIGNEWY, I figured that was the case but wanted to be sure. Also, I notice that the AV8B doesn't have that program, as they changed their copy protection scheme, as well as the free Su-25T and T-51D - so I can leave those alone I suppose.

You bring up a good point - after installing Windows 10, my registry will be clear of all previously installed applications (doing a fresh install). So I guess that means I need to reinstall DCS, I can't just set up a short cut to the DCS.exe and go from there? I'll have to search the forums, as I'm sure others have been in the same boat and wanted to just continue to use the DCS installs that were there from the previous OS as opposed to reinstalling (which means re-downloading everything)...

Thanks

Edited by 609_Relentov

• ED Team

Yes some of the new modules are keyless and dont need deactivating, they are tied to your account.

You can just make shortcuts to your DCS.exe if you wish.

You wont have the shortcuts in your windows menu unless you remake them yourself.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

OK, thanks again for the quick responses. I guess once I run a previously existing DCS installation (after installing the new OS), it would contact the DCS master server upon login and determine how many activations I had left anyway, then add entries to the registry and get it in synch... makes sense.

• ED Team

correct,

when you start up DCS it will ask for activations and once you are logged in it will authorise your other modules using the new DRM