Some Questions

Mixalis

Hello ,

I am new to DCS World and I have some questions !

First of all I would like to Congratulate the team for this Wonderful Combat Simulation ! It is Very Realistic !!!

I have Some questions concerning , how to set up a free flight .

How can I select an Aircraft (Repaint) , then select a Specific Airport and finally , how can I load weapons ?

Thank you Very Much ,

Mike

I have Some questions concerning , how to set up a free flight .

How can I select an Aircraft (Repaint) , then select a Specific Airport and finally , how can I load weapons ?

Easiest way is to select "Fast Mission" on the main menu of DCS, enter the basic parameters for your mission and then press on "Advanced" to be able to select the area where you want to fly.

Now press on "Generate Mission", it will show up a mission briefing. To select your own weapons and livery click on "Edit Mission", it will take you to the mission editor where you can locate your aircraft and then edit its weapons and livery.

If you are new to the Editor, then you may want to read the DCS User Manual (PDF on the DOC folder of the DCS install path) starting on page 53, where it details this procedure in more detail.

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Easiest way is to select "Fast Mission" on the main menu of DCS, enter the basic parameters for your mission and then press on "Advanced" to be able to select the area where you want to fly.

Now press on "Generate Mission", it will show up a mission briefing. To select your own weapons and livery click on "Edit Mission", it will take you to the mission editor where you can locate your aircraft and then edit its weapons and livery.

If you are new to the Editor, then you may want to read the DCS User Manual (PDF on the DOC folder of the DCS install path) starting on page 53, where it details this procedure in more detail.

Best regards

Thank you Very Much , Much Appreciated !!

Mike

Hey Mike,

The game is really great. You will have to learn much. One thing is to learn the aircraft (every one aircraft from start). The other thing is that you will spend a lot of time learning how to interpret the environment and how it interacts (Understand how Radios and frequencies works at least). And least but not last, you will have to learn a little about physical aspects of the weapons you gonna use. This simulation is just a short run or lifestyle long run :-) I think that there is nothing between.

Donť go for the easiest way. Just open the editor. make and empty map with airports matching your coalition and enjoy flying. Read manual, repeat tutorials.

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

The other thing you’ll need to learn is to use the mission editor fully

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Hey Mike,

The game is really great. You will have to learn much. One thing is to learn the aircraft (every one aircraft from start). The other thing is that you will spend a lot of time learning how to interpret the environment and how it interacts (Understand how Radios and frequencies works at least). And least but not last, you will have to learn a little about physical aspects of the weapons you gonna use. This simulation is just a short run or lifestyle long run :-) I think that there is nothing between.

Donť go for the easiest way. Just open the editor. make and empty map with airports matching your coalition and enjoy flying. Read manual, repeat tutorials.

Yeap , you are right ! I Bought Almost All of the Modules when they had a 50% discount , and now I am trying to learn each one of them !!! I think it will take me some years to do that smile.gif

Thank you Very Much .

Mike