KA-50 Black Shark 2 Training missions

BigfootMSR

Hello, first congratulations for the mission, was perfect.

I'm playing the STEAM version 1.2.7.23803 of the game, and it looks like I found a bug. I do not know if and to the version of the game, or the mission, but after turning off the apu, it is not possible to activate the ADI (ADI Knob Standby), the button does not work the same.

Is a tip, I will now test out the mission and report on the forum too.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

Hello, first congratulations for the mission, was perfect.

I'm playing the STEAM version 1.2.7.23803 of the game, and it looks like I found a bug. I do not know if and to the version of the game, or the mission, but after turning off the apu, it is not possible to activate the ADI (ADI Knob Standby), the button does not work the same.

Is a tip, I will now test out the mission and report on the forum too.

Not had a chance to try these yet but I think you need to flick the Standby ADI switch first, on the right hand panel.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

Tone71 is correct. Make sure you have provided power to the Standby ADI from the power switch on the right panel. If its still not working, make sure you have turned on the AC generators from the right panel as well.

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

• 2 months later...

This is exactly what I was looking for after not having played Black Shark for 2 years or so. Thanks!

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, first of all thanks for these excellent training missions! I have a problem though, in the mission En-route Nav Training you should configure the aircraft to hold altitude at 325m. The altimeter jumps from 300 to 700+ though? I have also set the altimeter to barometric. What am I doing wrong?

Edited by nwbasson

Sorry for the late reply, Its been a crazy two weeks. Anywhow, Can you post a short track depicting this behavior?

Hi,

Sorry I got distracted by trying to find targets before they horribly murder me... :joystick:

I ran the training mission again but it does not give me a option to save the track after I quit? I tried it again however and it says switch the altitude mode to barometric on the autopilot, and then fly an altitude of 325m and engage alt hold. the problem is the radar altimeter goes up to 300p and then jumps to 600+ barometric (I'm assuming). I hold altitude just when it switches from radar to baro, but the training track never advances. It doesn't ask to hit spacebar to advance either?

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Sorry I got distracted by trying to find targets before they horribly murder me... :joystick:

I ran the training mission again but it does not give me a option to save the track after I quit? I tried it again however and it says switch the altitude mode to barometric on the autopilot, and then fly an altitude of 325m and engage alt hold. the problem is the radar altimeter goes up to 300p and then jumps to 600+ barometric (I'm assuming). I hold altitude just when it switches from radar to baro, but the training track never advances. It doesn't ask to hit spacebar to advance either?

Hello !

I have the same problem. REally enjoying these missions thought ! Keep up the good work :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...
My goal is to create an in cockpit training environment to help you understand the systems of the KA-50 Black Shark.

I'm sorry, but these missions will only work for Black Shark 2 and appear to only work in World 1.2.0 or later at this point.

*Update 04/23/14. I have updated all of the missions and corrected a multitude of typos. I have also shortened the intro step in most of the missions.

*TIP* It may be necessary to hold down a button such as the ABRIS buttons for the trigger to take affect.

http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/173790/ *File contains ALL current training missions* Thanks PeterP for the menu integration.

**Known Issues with the missions**

- The advanced ABRIS training when it asks you to input the airdrome, none of the airdromes listed in the flight manual return. They all say "not found."

I have fixed this issue but I will leave this error here for the time being to ensure that it does not break something else. The fix can be found here http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/646047/

Simply extract the folder into your DCS World folder and allow it to overwrite. Now you should be able to make those RAIM calculations. The correct code for Kobuleti however is UG5X, not KBLT as the training mission states. I will be updating the training mission soon with this information.

I guess I'm doing something wrong but have no idea what it is.

Every time I click this link to download the files I just get webpage not available, http://files.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/173790/

Have the files been moved? Is there another website I need to log into first?

Edited by Bains

It appears ED did a website upgrade again and it broke the links. I have updated the links in the first post. You can also go here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/173790/

Happy flying!

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much for taking the time to make these. It made the Blackshark accessible to me. Couldn't have gotten started without them, because the recorded videos are fairly useless to me.

Again, thanks a lot!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the super late reply to the above issue regarding the Barometric vs Radar altitude setting in the en-route navigation mission. So, From the flight manual on page 8-5:

17.Radar Altitude Numeric. When aircraft altitude is at or below 300 meters, the radar altimeter indication will be displayed. This appears as a “p” next to the digital readout.

18. Barometric Altitude Numeric. When the aircraft is 300 meters above ground level, barometric altitude will be displayed in relation to altitude above sea level.

I will need to update the mission accordingly, but the procedure explained in the mission is the same. As for the problem with the mission not continuing, you need to fly close to the waypoint area as there is an area trigger there that detects when the aircraft has got within the zone and you need to fly the waypoints in order. For the most part, once the aircraft is airborn and stable, you can pretty much fly it hands off the stick.

Are These Current Training Vids & Need Help Installing

Hi Everyone

After a long overdue stretch, I am now starting to learn the Ka50 ... again.

I do have the BS 2 "Upgrade".

I started the training missions the other day but the sound track is ahead of the video and the Video Quality is Extremely Poor.

After doing a ton of reading, I came across this Thread and Downloaded BigfootMSR's Training File (ZIP).

When I tried Unzipping the file, WinZip tells me there are Two (2) files who's File Names are Too Long to unzip. Even after renaming them I cannot seem to unzip them.

Furthermore, after reading the included TXT file, I cannot seem to find a corresponding "Training" File Folder on my System. So I don't know precisely WHERE to put these files.

If I understand correctly, the Image Quality and Training Value added from BigfootMSR's files makes it well worth including.

Can anyone help me with this issue please ?

I am willing to connect via TeamSpeak if that makes explaining any easier (I have MANY years working with and on computers ... so I'm not daft when it comes to following instructions).

Thanks in Advance

PS> I will check back frequently to try to coordinate a suitable time for connecting if that is the way anyone wishes to help me out.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Thanks again for producing these Interactive Training Tutorials.

While some of it goes a bit fast for my ADD brain, the pause button still works AND I am actually learning far faster than I would have otherwise.

This is a HUGE bonus.

It's great having such a great and skilled group of people in this forum.

Thanks again BigfootMSR

Excellent

Thanks for your outstanding effort on these tutorials, Bigfoot, they are very helpful and have been responsible for me coming up on the learning curve. Do you have any actual interactive training missions to go along with the videos?

Thanks for all our hard work.

Bill

Hi bkrull

These ARE Interactive Training Missions .... NOT Videos.

Unlike the Training that comes with BS2 ... during which you just sit there and watch buttons get pointed out and clicked for you (in Low Resolution), BigfootMSR has carefully created Detailed INTERACTIVE Training for everything one needs to get going (leaving allot yet to be learned from Manuals, Videos and TONS of Practice).

Furthermore, the Resolution is WAY better than the training that comes stock with BS2.

I highly recommend this download to Everyone/Anyone who is new to the BlackShark and wants to learn Much Faster .... ie. Learn by Doing !!

I went through the Startup Procedures about 4 or 5 times over the course of 2 or 3 days, and now I am able to start and take off within about 5 minutes .. maybe less when I'm really on a roll. I expect I will be able to do it in under 3 minutes within the next week or two.

Now if only I could pick up the rest as quickly !!!

EDIT> BTW ... Some of the Interactive Training deals with a ton of information over a short period of time. You CAN PAUSE the training in order to Read the Narration and then Play when you are ready to start clicking buttons !

Edited by SnowTiger
Additional Info

• 2 weeks later...

I'm struggling here with the combat interactive mission number 1. I follow the instructions to set up the targeting system to destroy the target with a missile. I get the C to show up in the displays but I can't get a launch, I've tried multiple times, any ideas??

Thanks

• 5 weeks later...

I apologize for the way late response.... I don't seem to be getting the emails telling me there is a reply to this thread...

F3ver, are you pressing and holding the fire button? Just tapping it doesn't work.

bkrull, See the first post for the download link to the interactive missions. The training that comes with the game by default are vids.

• 3 weeks later...

Ka-50 interactive Tutorials

Hi,

I just wanted to say a huge thank-you for creating and sharing these interactive tutorials. They are real professional and I've learnt so much in the last hour compared to days on my own with the manual.

All your hard work is very much appreciated.

Worther_1

Worther_1

DCS Black Shark 2, A10-C, Huey, MiG-21bis, Hawk, Flaming Cliffs 3, F/A-18, Nevada Terrain.

• 2 months later...