modules when running 1.2 version

Hello,

Sorry to ask but I will use the 1.2 version of dcs for a few months.

Do you know if I can find modules compatibles . planes, maps?)

Thank you in advance

PS I undesrtand there is no support for the 1.2

Regards

Hello, nobody uses that old version anymore then ?

I have to wait until october to have an adequate gaming config, but I like to train with at least a clickable cockpit (makes it easier to verify commands, joystick params)

Thanks anyway

I have to wait until october to have an adequate gaming config

If I remember correctly, the 1.5 version has the same hardware requirements as 1.2 ... have you tried 1.5?

The only map that would work is Caucasus.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you,

my main problem seem to be that the graphic card on that laptop only support DIrectx 10.1 and that directX 11 is mandatory for vers 2.5

I just do not know if ver 1.5 would be OK with that, but to go back to ver 1.2 I used a batch file provided on the DCS site (on that forum may be)

If I could buy and use an old version of plane that would be enough for my wishes yet

Regards

Using 1.2.16 you will be limited to the Caucasus map and older modules such as the A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86F, UH-1H, Mi-8, etc. and use the module manager or dcs_updater to dl the appropriate module versions i.e. "DCS_Updater.exe install A-10C"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2346597#post2346597

Note that the older versios of DCS will still use "Starforce" and you will need to activate/deactive your hardware key if you make significant changes to your PC.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Using 1.2.16 you will be limited to the Caucasus map and older modules such as the A-10C, Ka-50, FC3, F-86F, UH-1H, Mi-8, etc. and use the module manager or dcs_updater to dl the appropriate module versions i.e. "DCS_Updater.exe install A-10C"

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2346597#post2346597

Note that the older versios of DCS will still use "Starforce" and you will need to activate/deactive your hardware key if you make significant changes to your PC.

THAT looks really great!

Is starforce a software key system?

Thank you so much!

THAT IS EXCELLENT , I could add a plane (theoretically) NOw I will check if it works ! 1000 thanks!

Edited by Olek944

May I use a corresponding version of the utility , that goes with the 1.2.16 (if you know that ?)

Yes, if you install DCS 1.2.16 it will install the appropriate module version(s)

Is starforce a software key system?

Yes, it uses a combination CD key and Hardware ID to issue a "activation", if your hardware changes significantly the copy protection blocks entering into the cockpit.

Although Steam no longer displays old "CD Keys", I can login to my DCS store profile and see all my old keys for 1.2.16, etc.

I'm not sure if new purchases (which are now "keyless") get a "Starforce" key, so you may want check with support before buying a new module that would otherwise work in 1.2.16 i.e. was released prior Aug 2015

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

I could load some planes modules, but is it possible to buy their keys ? I am asked those, if I do nothing the planes seem to fly butYES I understand the limitations

Thank you again, the utility is very good to understand how the game is organized

I hope they will answer me, as it is well stated that the 1.2.16 version is no more supported.

I asked (and also asked if I am allowed to buy a key from an user)

edit : GREAT , they answered me very fast , there are current models with a serial number that I could use. (MiG-15, Spitfire, Su-33, F-5E, F-86, UH-1H, A-10C, AJS-37...) They also said about the 1.5.8 version "for weak computers"

Regards

Edited by Olek944