Help Please coding .lua for TM Throttle

Hi Guys,

I'm taking a stab at using ED's .lua coding for my TM Throttle instead of using Target.

The one control I am not having sucess is the boatswitch right side of the throttle.

I would like to make it work like I do in Target if possible.

Forward Press is A/A mode then move back to middle (release) returns to NAV mode. I do this by having the switch press #1 going forward and on Release to the middle Pressing #1 again.

I also have the Back Press set for A/G and Release to middle again is NAV mode. I do this in Target by having the Back Press as #2 and Release is #2 again.

Just two different Press and Release commands which are easy to do in Target.

This may not be possible in .lua files so any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

Because they are buttons and the boat switch is a maintained action, it will not work, unfortunately (I just tried it to make sure). If there was a separate command to enter NAV mode you could probably make it work.

And then you'd have the problem of it changing modes like if you select certain weapons, then the buttons in the cockpit will get out of sync with your physical switch position.

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

Because they are buttons and the boat switch is a maintained action, it will not work, unfortunately (I just tried it to make sure). If there was a separate command to enter NAV mode you could probably make it work.

And then you'd have the problem of it changing modes like if you select certain weapons, then the buttons in the cockpit will get out of sync with your physical switch position.

OK, thanks. Yes, I'v experienced the sync thingy so I only use the back A/G switch and my VKB joystick to switch back to NAV when finished with AA which I select on the VKB Joystick. Mixed sytems. :)

Thanks again.

This excellent tutorial would help you learn about programming new keyboard bindings.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !