What comes after the Hornet?

Guest Guest

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
DCS really needs a dynamic campaign and some more full-fidelity Soviet aircraft (MIG-23/27/29, SU-17/27) in order to properly flesh it out.

I agree with you that DCS needs some more full fidelity Russian jets to balance things out. I'd like to see a full fidelity Mig-29 because it's essentially the Redfor equivalent of a Hornet. It has poor range which could make it an unpopular choice in MP servers, but then again you can say the same thing about the Hornet's endurance and the Hornet will likely be very popular.

Something else ED could potentially get detailed info on

+ you can fly it off of an aircraft carrier

+ dedicated multiplayer capabilities

= e.g. EA-6B, E-2, or even helicopters to add to naval warfare scenario.

Otherwise ED take the plunge and give us a study level military widebody!

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Something else ED could potentially get detailed info on

+ you can fly it off of an aircraft carrier

+ dedicated multiplayer capabilities

= e.g. EA-6B, E-2, or even helicopters to add to naval warfare scenario.

Otherwise ED take the plunge and give us a study level military widebody!

-EA-6B and similar aircraft's require build a electronic warfare suite (today secret) and make a appropriate EW environment

-E-2 require rework all ATC/AWACS environment

-Naval warfare sceneries require build under sea environment, sonar environment, sensors and sound propagation, underwater physics, ASW weapons effect and damage.

Guest Guest
Id love to see a Block 52 F-16CJ/CG as the next Aircraft...

That being said an AH-64D Apache or An UH-60 (preferably a "G" model) would be great. (UAE has AH-64s and a couple of variants of the Viper. And Blackhawks)

I'd also like to see a Heavy Chopper be it a Chinook or a Jolly Green.

A dedicated SEAD jet would be fun. An F-16CJ might be more realistic than asking for a Prowler or EF-111, but that also eliminates the multicrew aspect you get with the latter.

F-16 and Mig-29 would be great!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

If you list to Sunday’s livestream I think one of the options mentioned was the f-14

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

If you list to Sunday’s livestream I think one of the options mentioned was the f-14

???

Heatblur is already very far along with the F-14, so yeah, it's coming. Check out their entire subforum on it. Great work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

AH64 Apache

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

If Russian aircraft aren't off limits, I will take any MiG or Su they can get permission to model. I have my preferences for USA and USSR aircraft, but as long as they model a fighter, preferably one that saw lots of combat, I will be happy. My favorite aircraft are the F-4 and MiG-21. I would love to have all the major variants of both of those types. But the high cost in time, manpower, and money of developing a particular plane versus the profit losses of modeling similar aircraft means that the MiG-21bis and upcoming F-4E are most the only variants I am ever going to see in DCS :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I agree with the others stating a dynamic campaign is what I hope to see after the hornet (not that the same team members that would work on that also work on aircraft)... and an improved ATC to go along with that.

As much as I want an F16 I also have to agree with those stating we need a good full fidelity redfor aircraft before bluefor gets another one.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

Absolutely agree that dynamic campaign is an absolute must-have for DCS. A full, unpredictable environment to fly our aircraft in would just be wonderful. As great as our current campaigns are, I think it would be a completely different experience to have DC too.

If we're talking about modules though, I support the idea of multi-crew. With the F-14, Mi-24, and F-4E coming along, I think DCS is heading towards a new age beyond single seaters, and personally I love the idea of working other roles in an aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And F-16DJ would do three things:

1-A flyable F-16 would be available in DCS, I know a lot of people want it.

2-An advanced, dedicated SEAD aircraft would now be in DCS, and it would be flyable.

3-Multi-crew! It's the two-seat variant.

I am sick of blueflag aircrafts........we need at least mig29 PFM....and updated su27...

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

The issue is Eastern Fighters, Especially Modern Ones.. have very little official data available to re-create the aircraft in the detail needed.

Western Fighters have more information available, Eastern States are simply VERY strict on the data being available..

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Hornet Then I wouldn't mind,...

Major 4th Gen Aircraft:

Falcon(Block 32 C or D), Eagle (Later Lot C), Rafale(M), Apache(D), Cobra(At Least Twin Engine), JF-17,

Major 3rd Gen Aircraft:

MiG-23/27,

Lesser Known/Trainer Aircraft:

FA-50, F-2, HAWK 200, F-CK-1A

We are already Getting:

Tomcat(A/B), Phantom(E), Hornet(Late C).. So those are removed from my list.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Well, F-16 (CG/CJ/DJ) and advanced Su-27 (Su-30SM1/Su-34/Su-35S) aside, I'd like to see:

Mirage 2000-5 or Rafale C,

Su-24M or Su-25TM (Su-39; modified with R-77 capability),

and MiG-23-98 or J-11A.

Edited by FlankerMan