[Vidéo] DCS RAFALE, 2 more weeks...

Check out my last:

QCdwrcO.png

Good flights in DCS guys!

Beautiful model!

If this can help, here are some insight into the aerodynamics of the aircraft.

The canard surfaces are not directly coupled with the wings as is the case for the Mirage IIIS or Kfir, instead, they add another set of vortexes by coupling with the LEX, they are positioned slightly forward for this purpose.

So you'll have a 4 vortexes system instead of 3 for those surfaces: Canard root, LEX, LEX/Wing junction, and canard tip.

The result is a slight increase in pitch authority thanks to a longer moment arm compared to a more classic solution, and complete authority in the roll axis at high AoA.

In addition, behind the boundary layer splitter plate, the incoming airflow is separated into two vertical veins, compression creates the usual increase in pressure due to their angle, temperature and deceleration of the airflow.

When the airflow reaches the top of those veins, it goes the opposite way by expansion, accelerating ( energizing the canard vortexes), with lower pressure and cooler airflow.

On some photos, you can clearly see the effects of this on the aircraft paint.

292300b1803c096516c12f2325d5fb32.jpg

It took me years to figure out the aircraft aerodynamic features with a fair degree of accuracy, I have to say that it is probably the most developed at this level that I know of, it is immune to the transonic and high AoA limits known by other 5th gen fighters mostly thanks to that.

For your info, there is no minimum speed limiter but audio warning, G is limited manually depending on load, and when in dogfight mode, the soft limit is 9.0 g, the hard limit 11.0g.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

• 2 weeks later...

Important update for those developing a Rafale module:

Quote: Improvements in view for the M88 engine

The Rafale jet engine will benefit from the works carried out on the engine of tomorrow's fighter jets. It was in this regard that France's defense procurement agency entrusted Safran with an upstream research program, worth 115 million euros over five years to boost the engine's thrust while improving its lifespan.

http://https://www.safran-group.com/media/futuristic-engine-scaf-20190418

We don't have any further details but if this goes through, we could expect new M88 modules, similar to the ECO program within 6 years with moderate to significant increase in thrust.

I thought you might like to know so as to leave your programming some room for future performance updates.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.