Update or Another Install? - SU33 - I already own FC3 License

spacefox

Hi guys,

Hope all is well. I did some purchasing today (taking advantage of the sale) - I am wondering why is this popping up. I already have FC3 installed on my install (stable and openbeta).

P2ltaOV.png

Should I reinstall SU-33 or will it break FC3. I am thinking to not install it but I could be wrong.

Please advise.

Thanks

Specs: i7-5820K - 4.4 Ghz OC, 64GB Ram, RTX 2070 Super, Rift S

If you already have FC3 you can leave the Su-33 out - it's the same. Installing it won't break anything but it's not necessary.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

If you already have FC3 you can leave the Su-33 out - it's the same. Installing it won't break anything but it's not necessary.

I just do not know why it is popping. It never did that

Did the SU-33 get any updates or something?

No, it's a duplicate install of the Su-33 included with FC3 and is disabled if/when FC3 is installed.

The FC3 aircraft are installed in the "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs" folder i.e.

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Comm\Su-33.lua"

... while standalone FC3 aircraft get their own folder i.e.

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-33

... although the folders are organised differently, the files in them are the same as found in "Flaming Cliffs".

Only one version is used by DCS.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

No, it's a duplicate install of the Su-33 included with FC3 and is disabled if/when FC3 is installed.

The FC3 aircraft are installed in the "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs" folder i.e.

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Flaming Cliffs\Comm\Su-33.lua"

... while standalone FC3 aircraft get their own folder i.e.

• "DCS World\Mods\aircraft\Su-33

... although the folders are organised differently, the files in them are the same as found in "Flaming Cliffs".

Only one version is used by DCS.

Thank you for explanation.