JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Nickname reservation for JDF players - beta testers wanted

attachment.php?attachmentid=235115

Hey ppl !

We are looking for about 10 beta testers for our site/server interoperability.

We have activated a system that will let you reserve up to three nicknames in the JDF server(s).

Please see this post for details.

Also, a list of nicknames you have used can be seen once you have confirmed your DCS identity to the JDF site. Each one can only see his/hers used nicknames.

More functionality to follow soon !

Enjoy !

attachment.php?attachmentid=235808&stc=1&d=1589546146

attachment.php?attachmentid=235809&stc=1&d=1589546146

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hello Flighter I have been really enjoying the JDF server lately. I use a jetseat and noticed your object export is off, I checked this thread and you have said a little over a year ago that it’s turned off for bandwidth - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3568869&postcount=51.

I just wanted to ask if that’s still the case, it really makes dogfights feel alive when possible. If not I totally understand, just thought I would bring it up since it’s been a while

Stay safe

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

Hi Everybody!

I startet DCS couple of months ago and Your Server is my very first multiplayer experience in DCS. So sorry if i do something stupid i do my best to improve :). Maybe anyone of you guys could teach me some tactics on that Server?

Welcome to this server.

If you want to learn beyond visual range fighting its the wrong server for you.

But if you want to learn close range dogfighting, you wont find any better server to do so.

You need to know the basics of dogfighting geometry first. If you dont, you wont have much fun.

I recommend to watch these tutorials first. I also recommend to watch in the order I post them here.

On this channel, go to the search and put "BFM" in it, and watch all the videos titled with "BFM". https://www.youtube.com/user/RequiemBoS/videos Yes, its for WW2 planes but it applies here too. Should be 14 short videos.

Then watch this channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCERjcJzbzHmoBVPJpqn9RjQ/videos.

And finally, a classic, just one video, which recaps all of the above and also tells about close range missile fights:

Watching all that stuff might keep you busy for a long afternoon, but its worth it. I am still learning too, but I found these videos very helpful.

Edited by darkman222

Hi!

A big thanks!!! for your reply. I will watch everything. But first i have to find out why i Dont see any labels. I am struggeling do distinguish between friend or foe. I get shot down very quick while i am busy to find out if the plane in front of me is friendly or enemy :).

Hi Everybody!

I startet DCS couple of months ago and Your Server is my very first multiplayer experience in DCS. So sorry if i do something stupid i do my best to improve :). Maybe anyone of you guys could teach me some tactics on that Server?

Dear Baracuda, welcome !

No need to apologize for anything. All are welcome here, from novice to aces. It's a great learning experience and our server is relaxed and full of cool helpful people.

@darkman222 is crearly one of them and I also want to thank him for his post. He summarizes very nicely what JDF is all about. I am going to create a page on our site with tutorials on dogfighting and his video links will be the starting point.

See you all in your cockpits !

Cheers !

Edited by Flighter

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Flighter, thats a great idea collecting links to dogfight tutorials on your site.

You find a lot of "so called" tutorials.

But often it turns out, they just show them fighting, but don't really explain a lot.

To these tutorials i posted, I came back again and again. And re-watched them.

Hope other people will contribute with their findings as well.

Edited by darkman222

Ground defences appear to be missing from the heat seeker area airfields, guessing this was a side effect of the update? Or was this deliberate?

Great server, thanks for running it btw :D

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Ground defences appear to be missing from the heat seeker area airfields, guessing this was a side effect of the update? Or was this deliberate?

Great server, thanks for running it btw :D

Hi Sideburns.

I just checked and everything seems OK.

Let me know if you still see the issue.

Always welcome to our server !

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Sideburns.

I just checked and everything seems OK.

Let me know if you still see the issue.

Always welcome to our server !

Cheers

Aye, it seems to be functional again. Thanks, perhaps it was a momentary issue and someone had pounded the ground defences / run out of ammo.

Ryzen 5800x@5Ghz | 96gb DDR4 3200Mhz | Asus Rx6800xt TUF OC | 500Gb OS SSD + 1TB Gaming SSD | Asus VG27AQ | Trackhat clip | VPC WarBRD base | Thrustmaster stick and throttle (Deltasim minijoystick mod).

F14 | F16 | AJS37 | F5 | Av8b | FC3 | Mig21 | FW190D9 | Huey

Been playing DCS from Flanker 2.0 to present 😄

Hey Flighter!

I have played a bit on the Open Beta server today and here's some bugs that I saw:

Rearm at Batumi not possible, some players confirm it's the same case for other bases;

Air defense not very good or nonexistent around the blue base and carriers, red can enter the area very very easily;

For some reason (it might be me) I could not hook up at the Roosevelt's, tried a couple of times in good speed, gs path and alignment but no hook up... No problems at the Stennis though.

Cheers!

eT!0n

Guest BDE69420

I was wondering what the aircraft fuel percentage/weight is for each aircraft in the blue and red 1v1 slots?

@BDE69420 Flighter has some charts on his JDGF website: https://justdogfight.com/map/ just scroll down to the bottom.

@eT!0n I remember you from the Beta server. Today I was on the release server. And same issues here. I am flying around on these servers for almost 2 years now. Stuff seems to break, but fixes itself after one or two days.

I just landed with a blue aircraft on the red air base. Well every air defense seems to be on holiday at the moment ;)

Rearming issues must be the the same kind of problem.

I dont know which carrier is the super carrier module right now, but you can only land on it if you purchased the module. So it might make sense you couldnt land.

Edited by darkman222

Hey Flighter!

I have played a bit on the Open Beta server today and here's some bugs that I saw:

Rearm at Batumi not possible, some players confirm it's the same case for other bases;

Air defense not very good or nonexistent around the blue base and carriers, red can enter the area very very easily;

For some reason (it might be me) I could not hook up at the Roosevelt's, tried a couple of times in good speed, gs path and alignment but no hook up... No problems at the Stennis though.

Cheers!

eT!0n

Hi eT!0n and darkman !

I have just restarted the ob server.

The carrier issue is related to the fact that the module was not installed. Although it should not matter when started in server mode, it does (eg the planes were starting flying instead of on the carrier deck, the crew is always in the middle of the landing area, the coms would not give a landing clearance etc).

I suspect that it was blocking the whole system somehow.

I have now installed it, restarted again in server mode and all seem OK.

Also air defenses seem OK.

Please let me know if you find anything else.

Thank you both for your help.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Flighter ,

thanks for adding the new 2v2 area, was able to test it a bit against the 2 AI with a human wingman. Very fun,though the AI Mig-29 can be nasty;-) But thats good, a nice challenge.

Thank you for continuously improving the server!!

Kind regards,

Snappy

Hey Flighter, any chance you might be able to disable the ACMI output on German Serve as well ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I9-9900K-Gigabyte 2080Ti Gaming OC, 32G DDR4000 RAM,

Track IR5, HOTAS Cougar + über Nxt Hall Sensor Mod, Slaw Device RX Viper

Flighter ,

thanks for adding the new 2v2 area, was able to test it a bit against the 2 AI with a human wingman. Very fun,though the AI Mig-29 can be nasty;-) But thats good, a nice challenge.

Thank you for continuously improving the server!!

Kind regards,

Snappy

Hi Snappy !

Thanks for the report.

I though it would be fun having such an area.

With the latest version of the server, you can choose the AI planes (only 3 at the moment, but I can add as many as needed).

See this post for more information. I will keep it updated as I add more functionality.

Also keep in mind, that the good fun is to have human players as opponents, as all combinations of human and AI up to 4 planes are possible. Also 2 vs 1 humans for those top notch dogfighters :)

Voice coms though is half the fun in this area.

Anyway, I hope that I will find the time to enjoy it too and maybe flight you there.

Cheers !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hey Flighter, any chance you might be able to disable the ACMI output on German Serve as well ?

Hi Contact !

The German server has loads and loads of bandwidth available so I have all exports turned on as so many people in the past have asked for it.

As this is the very opposite of a tactical server, the position give-away of the system should be of non importance. Is there any reason that you want it turned off ? Please let me know if I miss something.

Cheers

PS You will also have to calm down all the guys with the force feel chairs that use these data to operate... :)

🙂 Smile 🙂