Progress pictures on the Eurofighter Typhoon

DashTrueGrit

If this really is the Meteor missile, is that any indication that we could be getting a relatively advance model/tranche of the Eurofighter?

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

1st image is definitely a meteor alright, there was another photo of it, looks like 3D art is still very much WIP

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Dear TrueGrit team.

1. Why isn't this photo 1080p?

2. Why is this quite pixel-ish?

3. Is this even DCS game-engine?

https://www.facebook.com/105602767762071/photos/a.105610157761332/137153307940350/?type=3&theater

Oh goody another uber missile in the game. MP players will certainly rejoice <sarcasm>.

And I'm a bit surprised that good documentation for this is out in the open. Especially the 3rd party datalink stuff.

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Nothing is out in the open about the Meteor missile. It's barely getting into service. EuroGmbh probably told True Grit to create a missile with the usual wikipedia info like burn time, range and speed; then add a seeker that's close to the in-game aim-120 with a few tweaked value and boom, you got a Meteor with a nice skin.:D

Looking promising! If you guys manage to get enough proper info for a proper Meteor, it'd be an interesting addition to the sim. But Meteor or not, I'll likely be flying this aircraft from day 1.

The vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VFA-34.png

F/A-18C, F-15E, AV-8B, F-16C, JF-17, A-10C/CII, M-2000C, F-14, AH-64D, BS2, UH-1H, P-51D, Sptifire, FC3
-
i9-13900K, 64GB @6400MHz RAM, 4090 Strix OC, Samsung 990 Pro

Looking promising! If you guys manage to get enough proper info for a proper Meteor, it'd be an interesting addition to the sim. But Meteor or not, I'll likely be flying this aircraft from day 1.
Likewise here.

I can clearly see all other modules in my hangar taking the back seats upon release of the tiffy.

My combat flight sim days started with this aircraft (famous DID Typhoon).

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

According to this post, ED will be making that call as weapons will henceforth only be developed in house. Guess we've got too many issues with third parties making guesses about missile Kinematics. lol

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4347073&postcount=52

Honestly kinematics is probably the one thing that can be modeled vaguely accurately. Its more things like guidance laws, ECCM effectivness, seeker performance that are the more important things when it comes to missiles and overall those aren't modeled well for most missiles in DCS at this point IMO.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Honestly kinematics is probably the one thing that can be modeled vaguely accurately. Its more things like guidance laws, ECCM effectivness, seeker performance that are the more important things when it comes to missiles and overall those aren't modeled well for most missiles in DCS at this point IMO.

I agree with you, having them do all the CFD work with the same team/program should help to eliminate bias. Even if the result is not completely "accurate" to RW the missiles will be accurate with relation to each other in Sim from a purely aerodynamic standpoint. Which is a step in the right direction.

As far as actual effectiveness goes though, your also right, I think a huge misconception on these forums is that Kinematics is the most important aspect with regards to actual PK and IRL its probably the least important. :D

For meteor again, That's great that it can touch me at the ranges they publish, and I believe it. But the real question is, how well can it see me at pitbull with such a huge RTR zone? Does the seeker work good enough in a heavy EW environment? What kind of database of RF threats does MBDA have to incorporate into the weapons counter countermeasures? How vulnerable is it's datalink to Jamming? How effective are it's degraded modes? Your going to run into at lot of questions like that before we get into how Fast? how High? ect. kinds of questions.

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

But the real question is, how well can it see me at pitbull with such a huge RTR zone? Does the seeker work good enough in a heavy EW environment? What kind of database of RF threats does MBDA have to incorporate into the weapons counter countermeasures? How vulnerable is it's datalink to Jamming? How effective are it's degraded modes? Your going to run into at lot of questions like that before we get into how Fast? how High? ect. kinds of questions.

If we use F-14/Phoenix as an empirical hype example, answers are:

It sees you perfectly

Yes

All of them

It isn't

Very effective

Very fast

Very high

Sorry, couldn't resist. Consider this as an attempt of humor

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MATRIC developer

Check out MATRIC and forget about keyboard shortcuts

According to this post, ED will be making that call as weapons will henceforth only be developed in house. Guess we've got too many issues with third parties making guesses about missile Kinematics. lol

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4347073&postcount=52

Considering ED has been messing with the AMRAAM for over a year now and it's now worse than ever in CCM and has still pretty questionable guidence this is barely a good thing. There is no difinitive state for the amraam it seems. Weren't we supposed to have a new missile API and "improved" amraam by the beginning of this year already?

Considering ED has been messing with the AMRAAM for over a year now and it's now worse than ever in CCM and has still pretty questionable guidence this is barely a good thing. There is no difinitive state for the amraam it seems. Weren't we supposed to have a new missile API and "improved" amraam by the beginning of this year already?

Sorry, but I suggest you go back to Falcon BMS and come back after another 20 years because of that gamebreaking AMRAAM-issue, which must bother you everyday for years right? You must've learned by now how different software-developing can work out, don't you?

Maybe Command Modern Operations is something for you? Lot's of stuff to complain about there as well. The Harpoon community wars back then managed to destroy the Harpoon series completely. Lunatics even today participate in wars against CMO/CMANO as if nothing else in life matters AFTER DECADES. This is sick...

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

• 2 weeks later...
If we use F-14/Phoenix as an empirical hype example, answers are:

It sees you perfectly

Yes

All of them

It isn't

Very effective

Very fast

Very high

Sorry, couldn't resist. Consider this as an attempt of humor

I like the cut of your jib!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Yes, it's called Portable Data Store in Eurofighter parlance.

:thumbup: or short-form: PDS

-TITS-

Lead SME Eurofighter Typhoon

TrueGrit Virtual Technologies

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nice!!!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.