Just paid for super carrier and DCS won't start!!!

Hi all, just paid for the Supercarrier and went into DCS and it seems to be stuck on the front page, no sign of downloading or anything else!!!

Any tips on what I should do? I have tried running the repair but makes no difference.

Help :helpsmilie:

ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII HERO (wifi) motherboard ( latest bios etc )

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Corsair Domiinator Platinum 32 GB (4x8Gb ) 3600MHz RAM

EVGA Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 11Mb graphics card

Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB NVME M.2( Boot up and main program storage )

Fractal S36 AIO CPU Cooler

Oculus Quest + LINK system

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + CH Rudder Pro

Aircraft: Gazelle, Huey, AV-8B, A10C, Spitfire

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

you're stuck on the splash screen?

like said above, carrier isnt out yet so it can't be the culprit

Just seems strange that I had been using DCS without issues until after buying the Supercarrier module and the very next time the program freezes on the splash screen ( Indian head and Eagle logos) .

Any thoughts on how to progress from this point??

Thanks

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Scenery etc: Super carrier, Syria, Persian Gulf, A10C Trng Qual, Worlds apart Spring 2025,

It hasn't been released yet. That's why is says PRE-PURCHASE. To be released at the end of the month.

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Any thoughts on how to progress from this point??

Need more data to make an accurate guess .. can you attach yor dcs.log file?

(its at \Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Logs\ )

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

It hasn't been released yet. That's why is says PRE-PURCHASE. To be released at the end of the month.

Hi, I realize the carrier has not been released, my problem is, whether related or not, since purchasing it DCS World does not start!!

Any thoughts?

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Need more data to make an accurate guess .. can you attach yor dcs.log file?

(its at \Saved Games\DCS.OpenBeta\Logs\ )

Hi, I have attached the log file as requested.

Cheers

DCS LOG.pdf

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Hi, I realize the carrier has not been released, my problem is, whether related or not, since purchasing it DCS World does not start!!

Any thoughts?

I wonder if you have a corrupted temp file. Have you tried shutting down your pc and booting back up? This is different than a simple restart. Restart will not clear out temp files. Though this issue should be resovled, are you using Voice Attack?

Rig: Alienware Aurora R9 - 9th Gen Core i7 9700K 4.6GHz 8 Cores | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GDDR6 | 2TB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD | 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO SL DDR4 3200MHz XMP 2.0 | LG Series80 QNED 50in 4K 120hz | TM Warthog HOTAS w/F-18 grip | Logitech G Pro RP | TM Cougar MFDs | TrackIR 5 Pro | VR: Oculus Quest 2 |

Modules: FC3 | F/A-18C | F-16C | A-10C II | F-14 | M-2000C | AV-8B | F-5E | JF-17 | P-51D | KA-50iii | UH-1H | AH-64D | Supercarrier | Combined Arms | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Syria | Normandy | Chanel |

Any thoughts?

This happened to me an hour ago. I rebooted and all is good. SC is not the issue as it has not been released and no OB updates have been made since 4/22/20. Not sure what it was, but it is fine now for me.

F/A-18C | F-16C | JF-17 | F-14 | FC3 | AV-8B | AJS-37 | F-5E | M-2000C | Mig 15bis | C-101 | F-86 | A-10C | P-51D | Fw 190 A-8 | Christen Eagle II | Bf 109 K-4 |

Ryzen 5 2600 | MSI RTX 2070 Super | ASROCK B450m Pro | 16GB G.SKill Ripjaws 3200 DDR4 | 500GB WD Blue Internal SSD | 1TB Samsung Evo 860 SSD | Logitech X56 HOTAS | PSEYE Track IR | Delan Clip | :joystick:

Hi, I have attached the log file as requested.

Cheers

Hello,

Seems to me that a GUI font is missing:

2020-05-14 21:39:13.648 INFO UIBASERENDERER: Cannot load font [C:\Program
Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\dxgui\skins\fonts\]!

If you have the Steam version of DCS, perform a file integrity check (right click on the game properties). If you use the stand alone version then I suggest running a "DCS_Updater Repair", here are instructions on how to run it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yep, have shut down and rebooted, power as well, several times but no difference!!

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Hello,

Seems to me that a GUI font is missing:

2020-05-14 21:39:13.648 INFO UIBASERENDERER: Cannot load font [C:\Program
Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\dxgui\skins\fonts\]!

If you have the Steam version of DCS, perform a file integrity check (right click on the game properties). If you use the stand alone version then I suggest running a "DCS_Updater Repair", here are instructions on how to run it:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

Best regards

Hi, I had already run the repair and updater repair as per forum post but still getting stuck on start!!!

Next :cry:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

It happened to me a lot and read of many people with this issue. I seemed to have it fixed by opening the graphics config file in notepad++ and changed the value of full screen from true to false. It was a long shot and it seems it worked. I am not on my machine now to see the files and be more precise. Or you can try to rename/move/delete your graphic settings file and have it regenerated.

When it happened I could hear the music in the background and the interface and menus are actually active. Many times I was able to guess/calculate where the “exit” button was and be able to click and close the game.

I hope it helps

It happened to me a lot and read of many people with this issue. I seemed to have it fixed by opening the graphics config file in notepad++ and changed the value of full screen from true to false. It was a long shot and it seems it worked. I am not on my machine now to see the files and be more precise. Or you can try to rename/move/delete your graphic settings file and have it regenerated.

When it happened I could hear the music in the background and the interface and menus are actually active. Many times I was able to guess/calculate where the “exit” button was and be able to click and close the game.

I hope it helps

Hi, thanks for the info, can you tell me where I can find the graphics file?

Cheers:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Did you do a repair and clean?

Reading your logs it seems you miss a font.

But i am not sure this could be the issue.

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I wonder if you have a corrupted temp file. Have you tried shutting down your pc and booting back up? This is different than a simple restart. Restart will not clear out temp files. Though this issue should be resovled, are you using Voice Attack?

Yes I have downloaded VoiceAttack but have not run it alongside DCS as yet.

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Latest update guys, after raising a ticket with ED/DCS I was told to rename DCS folder in the user profile to any temp name here:

C:\Users\****USER\Saved Games\DCS\

then start DCS World game again

Did this and after resetting all the graphics for VR and screen size etc all tickety boo and we were up and running.:megalol:

Thanks to all for suggestions etc, much appreciated:thumbup:

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU

Good it worked. Inside that DCS folder are your setting files. Probably in the future you’ll not want to delete everything as you’ll lose all you config files (key binds, graphics settings, etc) and then my suggestion above might s problem I believe it has something to do with full screen/windowed mode. Are you running a single screen?

Good it worked. Inside that DCS folder are your setting files. Probably in the future you’ll not want to delete everything as you’ll lose all you config files (key binds, graphics settings, etc) and then my suggestion above might s problem I believe it has something to do with full screen/windowed mode. Are you running a single screen?

It is setup for single screen but I am trying to use VR more and more ( slowly due to VR sickness!!! ) although I often seem to have problems with the display in VRie I can't look around. Very much like looking at a mirror of the pc screen!! Pain in the rear really.

Ryzen 9 3900x CPU