[REPORTED]CA Pathfinding is now broken

hololight

I started up the 'Advance on Kislovodsk - SP-US Company' CA mission to test that units were moving as they should (because I heard that maybe they weren't). I've done all the following movements quite a few times (testing video settings, so I always tried to be consistent). I sent my two Abrams Platoons off to the west a good distance (this was an immediate off road waypoint, almost straight west, 1.5 NM). I sent one of the SAMs to roughtly the same area, and the other SAM down the road about 1.25 NM and then off the road around 500 ft or so. Finally, I sent the Bradley platoon down the road, to about the point where the SAM left the road (again, 1.25 NM).

It was a mess...

The Bradley's beat the SAM down the road, even though they had a decent head-start, and even that was after they kept pausing or going super slow on the road.

There is 14 trees (Yes, I counted) to the west of one of the Abrams platoons, starting at about 160 ft from the road. 3 of the 4 got stuck in there for quite a while. Its not like those trees are dense either, they average about, maybe, 200 ft between each one. The 4th tank went on ahead for a while before deciding to slow to wait for his friends.

The other Abrams platoon was worse... three of them stopped about 2000 ft off the road on their way to the way-point, already had been going pretty slow... because one of the 4 decided to head south down the road (maybe he had a friend in the Bradley platoon he was in the middle of. About 3/4th of a mile down the road south, and I guess he realized that maybe this wasn't the best idea, so he turned NNW and headed across country north of his friends about a half a mile.Before finally turning around to head back down with the rest of his platoon, who had finally started moving.

It would have all been comical, if it wasn't so frustrating... I dont know how long its been like this, as I haven't ran this mission for at least a month, maybe two. I saved a track if it ends up mattering.

Related...

So I just finally finished Mission 12 of The Enemy Within campaign and the path-finding is obviously broken here too. To finish the mission, you have to wait for two units to drive to the other side of a small town. But these two jokers drove back and forth across town, before they finally decided to follow the road out of town about 1/2 mile to where they had to go to trigger the end of the mission. They zigzagged across town at least 5 times... This is crazy...

Yeah, flew a small P-51 training mission yesterday, where an armored German column is heading South on a highway near Mozdok. Except that they weren't actually heading anywhere, because they'd got stuck on open ground without an obstacle in sight. WTH? Seems busted indeed :huh:

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I am in MP right now trying to control vegicles that have been slung. All the work these guys did slinging units is pissed away cause they all got stuck in building and i've been trying to get them out for over 20 mins with no luck. Frig ED, do you guys EVER test your releases?

I am in MP right now trying to control vegicles that have been slung. All the work these guys did slinging units is pissed away cause they all got stuck in building and i've been trying to get them out for over 20 mins with no luck. Frig ED, do you guys EVER test your releases?

You do realize, even tho, they do test. A couple of people can't check everything.

Besides, most of the testing is supposed to be done by you and me... the OPEN BETA users. So, check yourself.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

This is really bad timing to have a broken release though. CA was one of the modules I've been watching for years now waiting for it to get fixed. I'm going to try it now in the free trial. If it's broken though it will be a hard sell to anyone.

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

This is really bad timing to have a broken release though. CA was one of the modules I've been watching for years now waiting for it to get fixed. I'm going to try it now in the free trial. If it's broken though it will be a hard sell to anyone.

I have owned CA for years but wont install it becasue it always has been broken and unfinished. I hear it is needed for the pending Super Carrier though. I wonder how that is going to work. Maybe it explains part of the delay. Who knows?

AI pathfinding is bad now. I spent hours trying to reroute convoys that worked fine last week so we could have a working mission for our group. One funny thing someone posted is that in the F-5 startup tutorial a truck now drives into the F5 blowing it up! Well, not funny if you are trying to learn how to start the F5 I guess.

I'm still trying to understand what the module offers to people that mostly do single player? I know there is a DLC campaign (where you basically just play from the map view from the vids I've watched), but I don't see anything under the user files section for CA...where do you even look for it. Is it really just a sandbox-type module where you play around in the editor?

"I mean, I guess it would just be a guy who you know, grabs bananas and runs. Or, um, a banana that grabs things. Why would a banana grab another banana? I mean, those are the kind of questions I don't want to answer." - Michael Bluth

• ED Team

We have reported many route finding issues to the team already.

If you have short track replays showing the issues I am happy to add them to our current open reports.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Haven't flown much lately, but these 2 simple groudpounding missions I flew today were OK at least. The AI found their routes and stayed on them to the last waypoint, so the latest patch indeed seems to have fixed something.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

• ED Team
From the testing I did tonight, it looked like they were able to track their waypoints and road again, didn't test off-road

Haven't flown much lately, but these 2 simple groudpounding missions I flew today were OK at least. The AI found their routes and stayed on them to the last waypoint, so the latest patch indeed seems to have fixed something.

Thanks for letting us know,

progress has been made, more to follow

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 years later...
On 4/27/2020 at 10:42 PM, msalama said:

I've had limited recent flight experience, but the two straightforward ground-pounding missions I completed today went smoothly. The AI effectively planned their routes and maintained course until the final waypoint, indicating that the latest patch appears to have addressed some issues. free fire name