Bf109 Prop Arc Not Visible

Doc3908

I recently switched to 2.5.6 from stable and today was the first time I flew the Bf109 in open beta. The prop arc is not visible at any rpm. The prop becomes visible only after you land and shut down the engine (last few revolutions). Will record a video and post tomorrow.

Doc

The 109 animated prop is VERY faint, but it is there on my OB. In certain lighting conditions, it is hardly visible at all. Many, including myself, will claim this more realistic. Though different graphic setups may show differently and we all see things differently as well so your mileage may vary.

Sorry guys, my bad. I played again today, and the prop arc is definitely visible (faintly) in outside views. I still can't see it from within the cockpit, but perhaps it's supposed to be this way. Could be VR (I'm using Rift S) or the rendering settings. For some reason I seem to remember seeing the prop arc from inside in 2.5.5 (stable), but it could be my imagination. Again, sorry for "raising the alarm" unnecessarily. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Prop disc should be upgraded to other war bird standard, its really bad when flying formation with 190a.

+1, currently it is certainly not comparable to the other WWII airplanes in DCS, it seems to fly in a propeller airplane .... without the propeller, very poor quality.

:thumbup:

• 4 months later...