DCS Grob?

Hey folks,

I have seen a couple of posts regarding the Grob both here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2065730&postcount=58

and here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2078163&postcount=108

But I dont see it included in the subforum list above1. Is this a planned module for VEAO? I really hope so.... :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

Yup, it is a planned module from us, we intend to make an entire ACS (Air Combat School) systems for people right from the Grob round through to the Typhoon.

Because of a few things we are working on, not least the Typhoon, the Tutor has been pushed back a little but it is still very much in our plans

Pman

That would be awesome! I'm learning to fly (in real life that is) in a Grob and I am very excited to get this. In fact I'm trying to convince my school to get this module for their aerobatics training. :)

--Maulkin

Windows 10 64-bit - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X @ 3.7 GHz - 32 GB DDR4 3600MHz RAM - EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 - Asus Crosshair VIII Hero motherboard - Samsung EVO Pro 1 TB SSD - TrackIR 4 Pro - Thrustmaster Warthog - Saitek rudder pedals - Lilliput UM-80/C with TM Cougars

• 4 weeks later...
we intend to make an entire ACS (Air Combat School) systems for people right from the Grob round through to the Typhoon.

Can't wait for this, a bit of structure will be nice rather than just jumping in modules (as fun as that is)

Are you intending to create missions based around this so that we can recreate RAF training as much as possible? Hopefully learning a lot and having fun along the way. I'd pay for those missions personally if they were well produced as I'm sure they would be.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

Can't wait for this, a bit of structure will be nice rather than just jumping in modules (as fun as that is)

Are you intending to create missions based around this so that we can recreate RAF training as much as possible? Hopefully learning a lot and having fun along the way. I'd pay for those missions personally if they were well produced as I'm sure they would be.

Yes we will!

Our ambition is to recreate the ACS for the RAF as closely as possible.

Eta for this however is unknown at the moment.

Pman

Yes we will!

Our ambition is to recreate the ACS for the RAF as closely as possible.

Eta for this however is unknown at the moment.

Pman

:D This is pretty big news, and very nice to hear!! Thanks Pman.

[sIGPIC]sigpic67951_1.gif[/sIGPIC]

It is our intention further down the road (think 2017 most likely) to do a Mach loop map including Valley.

It wont be a massive scaling map like 300km x 200km or something but will include the valleys and at least RAF Valley

Pman

I guess if the missions and campaigns in these modules: Grob & Hawk are top notch highly detailed training missions with superb ATC, navigation missions, flight theory missions etc..etc.. etc, then these will be big sellers.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

It is our intention further down the road (think 2017 most likely) to do a Mach loop map including Valley.

It wont be a massive scaling map like 300km x 200km or something but will include the valleys and at least RAF Valley

Pman

at this point, pete, size doesnt really matter...any new map will be a huge addition to dcs...

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I fly (in real life) the G115D at least twice a week so if you need anything.... ;)

--Maulkin

• 4 months later...
No news = Bad news?

No discussion of WIP products unless they are nearing completion.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

It's on hold for now as was not needed for the military project.

Discussions have re-started on that one though.

I'd still like to do it at some point but we are focusing on the projects we are in contract for.

Thanks,

Chris.

Rgr, it's what I wanted to know.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!