Huey wish list

ebabil

the huey runs cooler now. so it takes more collective to exceed the EGT limits than before.

you get EGT spikes if you move the collective to quickly.

so being a bit slower on the collective is a good thing.

you can take off with full load without exceeding 625 now.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I want the armament selector switch to not take 2 different key commands, please ? :music_whistling:

or the 2 layer knobs on the ADF to be separate buttons , so when I click and drag on the frequency knob, it doesn't switch the ADF

or the flare counter not being able to spin to infinity :D

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Here's a quick one: update the tutorial missions to not be broken. The armaments tutorial is currently broken and can't proceed even to the point of getting in the air, because it instructs and waits on you to switch to the door gunner position in an aircraft that has no door gunners.

It also refers to obsolete key bindings, but that was easy enough to sort out and overcome.

Here's a quick one: update the tutorial missions to not be broken. The armaments tutorial is currently broken and can't proceed even to the point of getting in the air, because it instructs and waits on you to switch to the door gunner position in an aircraft that has no door gunners.

It also refers to obsolete key bindings, but that was easy enough to sort out and overcome.

As a matter of fact, it has been done in latest update, 1.5.8. Tried it yesterday after updating. If you look at the miz files you see they have a resent creation date.

The obsolete key bindings are still there, but doing as the instructor says to press [3] will make the mission to proceed, didn't before. Also when going to the fire range do press [M] even if you're still in pilot seat.

Edit:

As a side note, I previously fixed the old armament mission by simply open it in ME and save it, without doing anything else.

Might help for other old, broken missions too.

Edited by Holton181

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 1 month later...

A few simple things:

1. An instruction manual without the sentences below, but with a description of these systems:

XM60E1 INFINITY SIGHT (NOT IMPLEMENTED IN DCS: UH-1H).

Radar Altimeter - AN/APN-209 (not implemented in DCS: UH-

1H)

Key-Bindings for:

AN/APX-72 Transponder Master Switch (only off-stby for switch off caution light during startup)

Chaff and Flare count/reset rotary/push switches

AN/ARC-51BX UHF Radio 1Mhz switch DECREASE (not only increase)

Rotary Switch commands working in BOTH directions:

C-1611/AIC Signal Distribution Panel: Transmit-Interphone Selector switch.

AN/ARC-51BX UHF Radio: Mode Selector, Function Select switch

AN/ARC-131 FM Radio: Squelch select switch, Mode Control switch.

It's a bit frustrating to spend months building a realistic central pedestal, and to startup and fence-in still need the mouse.

846a707bcc69f4b9151e1968cd1aa38e.jpg

It's a bit frustrating to spend months building a realistic central pedestal, and to startup and fence-in still need the mouse.

Yah, what a nightmare. I would just trash the whole thing.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

• 5 weeks later...
wishes:-upgrades of huey family (twin huey , GPS,tow ect )

-more skins for pilots and machine :thumbup:

-winch for CSAR mission (maybe naval ? )

-Ejected Pilot in mission editor

-Special forces in "infantery " with Rope aplication .

I would love to see a Twin Huey as a paid release however I doubt the amount of work would justify it for Belsimtek . I would certainly buy one however.

• 2 weeks later...

So reading through some publications for the Huey/cobra and found reference to Flechette rocket rounds. 4a6f29dcfb669a41aee0d7c572382286.jpg

I think it would be pretty cool to have this included because right now it can be quite difficult to take out infantry targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Are you ready to take your chopper flying skills to the next level?

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

It is a small request but "cheat hint" which shows UI for autopilot modes is hard-coded what to display. If the keyboard keys are changed the cheat hint does not update to reflect what are the new keys. Can this be changed to dynamically reference the actual player's controls to write the text for the cheat UI?

Probably not gonna happen anytime soon as shrapnel effects are not modelled in DCS, yet, and flechettes are basically just a special form of shrapnell.

And this is why I put it in the wish list I don’t know how it would be implemented but would be very useful nonetheless and from what I have found accurate to the time and aircraft.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Then check out http://www.blacksharkden.com/ Or visit us on Discord https://discord.gg/kaayJ5z and talk to some of our awesome pilots today.

Also while I am at it why do we not have an RWR in the huey?d3154c73d98d1833539c2dbdcd971024.jpg

Because "our" Huey is not equipped with one. As are hundreds, or thousands worldwide that do not have a RWR.

It has no hoist/winch, either. Or the multitude of different weapons mounts, they tried with the H model in Vietnam.

As with other DCS modules, we won't see everything that "could have been possible", but typically a certain model/variant, the devs have access to.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Well if you look at the external model of the Huey they actually modeled where the apr-39 sensors would go. So they did not use a Vietnam model. It is pretty clear that they used a late 80s/90s model. Which from the documentation I provided proves they had RWR. I get that you can’t have everything but that is a pretty big game changer and it is a shame they never added it.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well if you look at the external model of the Huey they actually modeled where the apr-39 sensors would go. So they did not use a Vietnam model. It is pretty clear that they used a late 80s/90s model. Which from the documentation I provided proves they had RWR. I get that you can’t have everything but that is a pretty big game changer and it is a shame they never added it.

I would love to have a RWR in the Huey. Well this is a wish list thread.

Was just explaining, why it isn't part of our current version.

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I know it’s just if they were trying to do a Vietnam Huey then they kind of messed up but the U.S. Army was actually flying the Huey until 2009 so they really could have put a lot more modern equipment in it if they wanted to.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And this is why I put it in the wish list I don’t know how it would be implemented but would be very useful nonetheless and from what I have found accurate to the time and aircraft.

in this video they talk about the flachettes at 23:13

they called them nails.

good vid this one, a veteran talking over his 8mm video for proper context. which is rare.

the first part is here with another pilot.

both of these are good.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

I just want to reiterate my humble request for a true Slick version of the UH-1H, with the M23 subsystem, and without the pilot/co-pilot sights.

//Jarl

m60-kpm23.gif

+1

Front mount pylon attached to a helicopter when only rear one is used is really bad IMHO.

[sIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/21oydlx.jpg[/sIGPIC]

ヒューイ最高!o(≧∇≦o)

• 1 month later...

The gazelle has multi-seat and the initially it was planned for the Iroquois but I cannot find if this is actually going to be a thing. I certainly believe it would be good to have a friend sitting next to you going for a fly, even if he has no controls to hold on to. Would be great for situation awareness in combat missions. Also for rescue missions in calling out clearance distances

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908

...or simply for flying with a navigator in mediocre weather, someone who can read out checklists, read you channel info or presets from a list, giving advice and guidance as an instructor or simply tell a funny story on a long flight, but stops, when you have a situation as he is in the same cockpit with you.

Icing on the cake would be possibility to dial in radio frequencies, while pilot controls presets, and maybe control over the front miniguns?

Edit: I hope they manage to split some of the controls to the left seat, but it really isn't a make or break feature, if we just could sit in the left seat and watch the instruments and support the pilot with checklists, maps and stuff, that would be awesome.

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

this will probable be taken as a waste of space or has already been listed I know not but, I would like a proper set of interactive training lessons like with F-5, SU-25 and A-10C

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb