Certificate Expired

Tinkickef

My Kindle is having a dickyfit trying to view the forums. Says the site is unsafe and hackers may be trying to get my info!

It says there may be a problem with the site's certificate and does not like it at all.

I know its likely a problem with my kindle browser and not DCS, but I thought it worth reporting.

This is the address popping up on the browser bar when trying to view the forum. Note the forum is the only thing affected, not the rest of the site. Accessing the forum through my bookmark, or via the main website has the same result.

https://forums.eagle.ru/?langid=1

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

Their cert is valid from 17.01.2018, brand new.

You may ran into the website before they placed the new cert on the server.

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

I guess kindle browser is checking for a specific attribute or extension in the certificate which is not included in the new certificate used by ED forum. It looks like it is a kindle issue as chrome is also very strict regarding tls and would return an error as well if there was an issue. Or simply kindle browser doesn't trust the intermediate CA signing the certificate.

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

Edited by metzger

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Still having this issue with google chrome as of today.

Being laid up in bed by man flu and bored witless, I manually deleted my browser history one by one for the last several days.

Its working again now.

Whether ED fixed it, or deleting the files did it, I know not.

Now all I need is a little broth to sip and a cool hand on my forehead. Unfortunately my little bell is no longer acted upon by the missus.

She'll be sorry when I'm gone. Sigh.

Edited by Tinkickef

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

• 3 weeks later...

I am still experiencing this problem on my Kindle fire... It is giving a security warning message that forums.eagle.ru may not be that and might be attackers trying to gain access to my device... If you want the warning message verbatim in its entirety I can provide that to you so you may troubleshoot.

• 1 month later...