Are we going to see modifiable pylons?

Jhuss96

I have seen posts from Wags saying we will be able to select clean hornets with no pylons, I have also seen the EA videos & screenshots that show the hornet with all it's pylons loaded with weapons.

Just curious if we will be able to load certain pylons, not others and load empty pylons.

A few examples of different configurations, to illustrate what I'm referring to:

F-18.jpg

An_F-A-18C_Hornet_launches_from_the_flight_deck_of_the_conventionally_powered_aircraft_carrier.jpg

USMC_FA_18_Hornet.0.jpeg

5Orx9hI.jpg

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

If worse comes to worse, just load your plane up, take off, and jettison all the crap you don't want. Problem fixed!

Sytem Specs: Asus armor Z170 mobo, Intel 6700k i7 chip, gtx 1080, 32g DDR4, 800watt pws, Win10, Samsung NVME M.2 256G Drive, 1T Samsung Evo SSD, 250G Corsair SSD, Asus 4k 28" 60hz Monitor, Oculus Rift, WarthogTM stick and throttle, CH rudder pedals

If you mean 'load certain pylons (stations) with ordnance/bags', yes, you can choose that all by yourself for each pylon individually.

If you mean selecting which pylons get loaded under the wing (as the VMFA-212 Hornet only has the 2 innermost pylons, loaded with bags on the stations), we don't know weather you can leave 2 on or have to remove all.

If worse comes to worse, just load your plane up, take off, and jettison all the crap you don't want. Problem fixed!

Of course that's always an option, was really just curious how much control we'll have over the pylons so we preferably wouldn't have to do that.

If you mean 'load certain pylons (stations) with ordnance/bags', yes, you can choose that all by yourself for each pylon individually.

If you mean selecting which pylons get loaded under the wing (as the VMFA-212 Hornet only has the 2 innermost pylons, loaded with bags on the stations), we don't know weather you can leave 2 on or have to remove all.

I would assume like any other module you will be able to load certain stations with whatever you please. My question is more if the hornet is going to default to having all empty pylons with nothing selected & a non clean hornet selected or if it will default to a clean hornet and load the pylons as you load bags & ordnance. As well as if we'll have control over putting on & taking off empty pylons to achieve some of the configurations in the pictures.

Intel i7-4790K 4GHz l 32 GB DDR3 l MSI 1080ti l Gigabyte 97ZX l TrackIR + DelanClip l TM Warthog HOTAS l CH Pedals

AV-8B l AJS-37 l A-10A l A-10C l F-15C l F-16C l F-5E l F-14A/B l F-86F l F/A-18C l Hawk l M2000 l MiG 29 l NTTR l Persian Gulf l Su-27 l Su-33 l Su-25 l Supercarrier l L-39 l UH-1 l

USN Rarely Removes the Pylons, even when they are empty.

Only time I seen them removed was for Tactical / Aerobatic Demonstrations (Tact. Demo / Blue Angels)

Aircraft in Aggressor Roles.

They will have a option to remove them, as stated on the udpate w/ the Blue Angels Livery.

However it will likely be a new method and not like previous aircraft, as simply making them invisible would not remove their drag or weight, and that's kind of important.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs