Which of these 2 monitors would you choose, and why?

zrtX3sU.jpg

These monitors on sale at Costco. I have a GTX 1080, and currently have a 27" curved screen Samsung 1080p monitor. Things I'm curious about:

- I'm surprised the 4K monitor less expensive,

- why does the monitor with the lower refresh rate have a faster response time?

- both monitors support FreeSync - would it be worth switching to a AMD video card like the

RX 5700 XT to get FreeSync support? I've heard some nVidia cards support FreeSync.

I'm unsure about which is better - a cheaper, less capable AMD video card producing a lower but smoother frame rate with FreeSync, or a high refresh rate monitor coupled with a super-expensive video card to generate the highest frame rates possible?

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have the lg similar to the one on the right except with gsync. That's the one I'd go for. Mostly because it's 144 Hz. After I went from 60 to 144 Hz I wouldn't go back. I noticed the smoothness right away. Haven't even tested it on any other games but if you like FPS games that 144 is where it will shine.

Go with the 1440 with the higher refresh rate.

The 1080 supposedly works better with 2k anyways, at least that's what I've been told, and I have the same monitor but with g synch and a 1080.

The faster refresh rate is better than having a faster response time, that and anything 5ms and under is just fine.

Also, you can now use free synch monitors on g synch.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Check Nvidea's list of supported monitors to verify freesynch capability . Not all are supported unless something has changed . Also , if you run a TrackIr , you need to lock 60 or 120 hz .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Check Nvidea's list of supported monitors to verify freesynch capability . Not all are supported unless something has changed . Also , if you run a TrackIr , you need to lock 60 or 120 hz .
I know that the LG 1440 monitor does, I was going to buy two more of them and looked up the specs on that model.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Thanks for replies guys. I didn't know about the TrackIR refresh rate lock; I have seen fps dips below 60 on NTTR.

Maybe I should be saving for a new vidcard instead of monitor.

Ryzen 7 2700, MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC, 16GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200, 970 EVO 1TB SSD, eVGA GTX 1080 8GB ACX

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]