104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

First post updated with FARP Images and details of helicopter operations.

The mission is running NOW on the server... Im off to get some well earned sleep and to hope for the best :D

I'll see you guys later tonight after a snooze!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Maverick

I did some helicopter tests (Huey/Gazelle) with our FARPS. Please check the ability for rearm/refuel as well as logistics:

FARP Showtime: no rearm/refuel possible, no crates*

FARP Kobuleti: rearm/refuel available, troops also but no crates*

FARP Phoenix: same as Kobuleti

FARP Ambro: refuel/rearm available but no troops

* message always shows "not close enough"

FARP Kobuleti has no friendly logistics

You can not spawn at FARP Phoenix (shown as black in forum = not capturable) so I´d assume its constantly blue. You can land there, get fuel, ammo and troops but no crates.

You can spawn on FARP Gaudata with a Huey (but of course you get smashed by ground troops). The Gazelles are unavailable (as it should be)

And just my 2cts: would be handy to have a M-Gazelle at Batumi as well because the only way to proceed presently is via Ambro (as it´s operational for rearm/refuel) or Showtime (if it get´s fixed for that).

Hope that helps.

Willy

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

Just a quick test, I was on Red in a KA-50 and out of the 2 available FARPS I could join, one was 140KM away from Waypoint 1, the other was over 200km. I also could not load weapons until I started KA50 and flew it off the grass onto a nearby Heli Pad.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Is there supposed to be restricted weapons for the Viggen? No bombs, BK90s or anti-ship missiles available at Vaziani.

Intel i7-7700K @ 5.1GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI

32 GB Corsair Vengeance @ 2666 Mhz (Stock 2400 Mhz), Gigabyte GTX 1080 Windfoce OC , PSU 650W Seasonic

EK Watercooling (Open loop)

Windows 10 Pro x64

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + MFG Crosswind + Thrustmaster MFD

Thanks for the feedback guys, anything else that you spot that isnt correct please let me know and we can get it fixed.

You can not spawn at FARP Phoenix

You can only spawn at Phoenix when your coalition captures Kutaisi sir, I will make that more clear in document somewhere.

Thanks for letting me know about the other issues!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mission Bug Board created on 2nd post, I will do my best to update these as we go along, thanks for your patience in these early days!

This is a big step for us so there are going to be a lot of small problems to work out as we go forward, but hopefully we'll get them ironed out as soon as possible!

Just a quick test, I was on Red in a KA-50 and out of the 2 available FARPS I could join, one was 140KM away from Waypoint 1, the other was over 200km. I also could not load weapons until I started KA50 and flew it off the grass onto a nearby Heli Pad.

This is not a bug sir, please read the mission briefing.

All aircraft have the same waypoint set up, so the first waypoint for all aircraft in the mission is Bullseye, the waypoints then go in a sequence along the Target Airbases, it tells you what sequence this is in the mission brief.

You are not able to load weapons on the ground sir until you fly over and land on the FARP, this is intentional. This way you never have to worry about another aircraft spawning in on your helipad while you are rearming or refuelling at a FARP you did not spawn at.

Edited by [Maverick]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can we have ATC on UHF ? instead of VHF, it is quite inconvenient right now and (i know this word will trigger you, but) unrealistic

We'll look in to it ;)

1st post updated with Getting Started and Useful Information section.

2nd post updated Bug Board.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having a non-fuel plane is totally unrealistic, maltreatment especially after more than an hour of torture while entering the serever (many ppl simple can`t connect - some DCS MP problem). What I want to say is that many of us do not have much time for DCS and then we are forced to waste time on refueling. Nowhere in the world you will not hear that airplanes are parked with empty tanks. So, I do not see the meaning of empty tanks in DCS World missions but forcing us on something e.g "if you want to fly - fuel it!". Yes, i will but... why violence? :D

I hope that you will accept this benevolent critique and allow us to enjoy this mission without such irritations.

Otherwise, the mission is something fresh, interesting, well-designed and promising at the 104th server.

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Having a non-fuel plane is totally unrealistic,

Please read this notice on post#2 - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3361308&postcount=2

;)

All aircraft that spawn at capturable bases start with no fuel. This is to stop clients from respawning and getting in to the air too quickly when the base is under attack. If a client is killed defending an airbase and the enemy are moving in to capture it, he cannot simply just quickly respawn and get in the air to start shooting again.

Aircraft that start at Home Bases all start with 100% fuel.

All aircraft that start with the Number 1 are Home Base Aircraft eg. 1 Maykop Mig29S A1

All aircraft that start with the Number 2 are Capturable Base Aircraft eg. 2R Sochi Maykop Mig29S A1. These aircraft only spawn once your coalition has captured the base and cleared the enemy from around it.

This feature will not be changed.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thanks Mav

Flew for the first time today, had some major bad luck, but it was fine. Mission seems great so far, if we get past Kutaisi :lol:

Is some sort of a live map with players and who is on comms planned in the future ? So we can know what is captured and what not

I am also curious, is this a weekend mission ? How is it going to be hosted ? Is it going to have a separated server in the future ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

;3362930']Please read this notice on post#2 - https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3361308&postcount=2

;)

I read it before I post and I understand about "Number1" and "Number2".

But...

;3362930']

All aircraft that spawn at capturable bases start with no fuel. This is to stop clients from respawning and getting in to the air too quickly when the base is under attack. If a client is killed defending an airbase and the enemy are moving in to capture it, he cannot simply just quickly respawn and get in the air to start shooting again...

I also know it's because of that but It`s absurdly as it is on BlueFlag.

;3362930']

This feature will not be changed.

"Everything is subject to change." ;)

A better option is that if some "Number2" client lose his live block that slot for that client for some time. ... I believe that Ciribob can easily cook something in his script.

But planes must have fuel, at least some amount. :)

Just a suggestion, I do not want to go into further discussion.

:pilotfly:

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Is some sort of a live map with players and who is on comms planned in the future ? So we can know what is captured and what not

I am also curious, is this a weekend mission ? How is it going to be hosted ? Is it going to have a separated server in the future ?

At present we have no plans to export data to a live external map.

We ask clients at this time to use the F-10 map to find out what is going on in the mission.

While not as glamorous as a web map it does the job very well, clients simply need to click on an airbase and they can view its status in terms of being Neutral, Blue or Red.

Another consequence albeit possibly a good one of us not having a web map is clients are forced to communicate with pilots already in the mission for a sitrep.

If you are unable to get an update you can always open the F-10 map and check the status of an airbase. If it is Friendly you will be able to spawn at that airbase if all the enemy units around it are cleared out.

If it is a neutral or enemy airbase that means there are still enemy units in the vicinity that need to be dealt with.

.... Like I said, not as glamorous as a web map but still an effective way of keeping track of what is going on.

The plan long term is to phase our existing missions out with this mission and different variations of it.

So when a new mission starts it will have a different base set up at the beginning of the mission. Sometimes Red will have Sochi from the go and Blue will still be at Tbilisi or others Blue starts with Kutaisi and Red with Sukhumi and so on.

There is actually a lot of variations we can do with that method to come up with lots of different scenarios for clients to deal with.

This gives is the ability to make lots of different missions out of the same mission template which we hope to take advantage of if testing goes well.

So far its looking good. On its first run it ran for over 8 hours with high client capacity, no lag or warping, so we are looking at the potential of running the missions in 12 hour sequences.

Good times ahead, hopefully!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have couple of questions:

Is using SR or TS mandatory at this state ?

If an ATC is active, is it mandatory to follow instructions ?

Is the mission currently progressive or progress is reset on restart ? I understand that is still in testing, would love to see how it works, if it kept going, until someone wins, after all we are fighting in a smaller area.

Are units skill put on a lower difficulty ? I noticed that the TORs are not trying to shoot down Mavericks and have a shorter Engagement Range, unlike the ones on the old missions.

Server runs smoothly which is great, mission has a lot of potential -> AWESOME

I am noticing that a lot of people have not read the briefing (and common frequencies) and are uninformed about the current status.

May I suggest making the welcome message on TS a link to the briefing post in effort to increase awareness

Another thing that I have noticed is that people don't call their intentions on the ATC channel. (even when on SR)

I'd guess that people don't know how to properly address ATC.

May I suggest that a simple template is made in the briefing post, as talking with ATC is really not complicated as people may think. I am willing to help out and make a chart myself, if you would like me to.

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Finally one of the oldest server is running some sort of dynamic campaign! CONGRATULATIONS! I have been waiting for it 4 a very long time ;) No external views, no padlocks, no easy mods. In one word: This is how professional server should provide it's services!

I'll see you there,

over&out.

=Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

I am also curious, is this a weekend mission ? How is it going to be hosted? Is it going to have a separated server in the future?

^This^ and also I'd like to ask how are you going to move the mission to upcoming Caucasus 2 ? (I assume thats gonna take some time isn't it ?).

May I suggest that a simple template is made in the briefing post, as talking with ATC is really not complicated as people may think. I am willing to help out and make a chart myself, if you would like me to.

This is very good idea! :thumbup:

Edited by =Pedro=

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Gainward Phantom GS RTX 3080 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds | DCS PD 1.0 / Steam VR SS 170%

^This^ and also I'd like to ask how are you going to move the mission to upcoming Caucasus 2 ? (I assume thats gonna take some time isn't it ?).

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3362972&postcount=40

Well, I believe Mav has access to 2.5 as a tester, so that might be done already

'Shadow'

One thing to mention with SRS and ATC is that Harrier pilots currently cannot tune to 128.5. This is a known issue and it will solve itself when RAZBAM updates the radio modeling.

So, if you see you a Harrier not talking with the ATC...don't attack him, that's probably why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

You mean 128 V, I'd assume ?

From what I've heard, the Harrier can work with presets only, correct ? Aren't those modifiable in the ME, have you checked what are your presets ?

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'