90' crosswind 25 gusting 40kts

FoxxyTrotty

I put every module through some nasty crosswinds and found the a10c is BY FAR the easiest, most capable plane in DCS when it comes to heavy crosswinds / turbulence.

Here in Dubai, I measured runway heading and added 90 degrees on and put a 25kts ground speed wind. Also turbulence 125 - giving 14m/s wind at sea level gusting another 4m/s.

At one point on approach, you can see a 61kts crosswind from the aircraft computer - this is because winds double (by default) a thousand feet up and as you can see from the smoke trails, this is some wind.

These are winds that would flip a few modules over the instant they touch the ground.

The mirage is one of the harder modules to land in this kinda wind, because the wheels are quite easy to pop/break. The F18 runs out of rudder authority, and even with differential toe braking, is unable to stay on the runway (although it doesn't die).

This is A10C only, I replay the same landing back, from inside and out.

edit link maybe not working here it is-

Edited by FoxxyTrotty

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.

Thank you Yurgon, idk that, helpful

yeah 2 rudders certainly helps. I also have a habit when retarding the engines on finals, to move 1 throttle a half second or so before the other, to help kick (any) plane straight that has 2 engines.

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.