mapping rudder to throttle - ED Forums

Notices

Old 12-14-2019, 11:22 PM   #1
Gavski1

Default mapping rudder to throttle

I have a Warthog stick and an X52 throttle - on the top of the X52 is a rotor that I use as a rudder because I cannot use pedals.
I want to get a TM throttle and want to know if there is anything on the TM throttle that I can use as a rudder? any kind of slider or rotor that I can map to throttle?
Old 12-14-2019, 11:37 PM   #2
razo+r
Veteran

There is a slider near the throttle that you could map, but it isn't really at a convenient location. As an alternative, you could assign one of the two throttles to the rudder.
razo+r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 12:51 AM   #3
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavski1 View Post
I have a Warthog stick and an X52 throttle - on the top of the X52 is a rotor that I use as a rudder because I cannot use pedals.

I want to get a TM throttle and want to know if there is anything on the TM throttle that I can use as a rudder? any kind of slider or rotor that I can map to throttle?
If you get the cheap TM throttle, it has rudder control.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:06 PM   #4
DeltaMike

^I can't say enough about the TWCS throttle, I went for the warthog stick but have been very reluctant to trade in the throttle. You have to take it apart and lube up the rails, but once you get it adjusted correctly it is really light and accurate. The toggle switch under your middle finger comes in REALLY handy and the TDC works like a charm. And yeah, the slap paddle should work extremely well for rudder control. It ain't pretty, but pretty is as pretty does.

Flight instructor, DCS Academy
DeltaMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:56 PM   #5
MAXsenna

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaMike View Post
^I can't say enough about the TWCS throttle, I went for the warthog stick but have been very reluctant to trade in the throttle. You have to take it apart and lube up the rails, but once you get it adjusted correctly it is really light and accurate. The toggle switch under your middle finger comes in REALLY handy and the TDC works like a charm. And yeah, the slap paddle should work extremely well for rudder control. It ain't pretty, but pretty is as pretty does.
Yes. Agree. Had to adjust the friction and added WD40. Haven't bothered with some real grease yet. Any recommendations of what to use?
Also, there's lots of space on the base for switches etc. if I wanna mod it later on. Also thinking about adding some detents, seems very easy.
Another thing I've noticed which I've never seen anybody else mention.
Is basically a single axis Hornet throttle, with some other options.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk
MAXsenna is offline   Reply With Quote