Thank you for the visor position option

monkie

Just wanted to say thank you for the option of leaving the pilots visor up, it is a small detail that adds so much when looking at the exterior views.

I wish the A-10, F-5 etc would give us the same option, something about seeing a bit of human face gives the aircraft scale and makes the pilot look less "robotic".

Please never change this to the way it works with the other aircraft where the visor is linked to opening and closing the canopy.

Great aircraft, the most fun I've had since the Huey came out.

• Like 1

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I love it. My only problem with that is If you like to play when the brightness is low on the screen it gets kinda bad. I hope they will add a way to either remove the effect or change the transparency of the material.

I never lower the visor but I understand how that could be an issue. Does lowering the visor give any advantage to the player?

Sager Laptop, i7-6700k 4.00GHz, 16GB RAM, GTX 980M, 1920x1080, TIR 5, Windows 10

I fly a mission in NTTR where you RTB into the sun late afternoon. Lowering the visor helps a little then but other than that its just a cool feature.

I like it... I do wish it was a little darker shade.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

I never lower the visor but I understand how that could be an issue. Does lowering the visor give any advantage to the player?

Am I the only one that legit lowers the visor every single time it's bright outside in game?

Pretty much if I would be wearing sunglasses in real life, I have the visor lowered. Maybe it's just a VR thing? I prefer things to be tinted in general, I wear sunglasses quite often IRL (pretty much 95% of the time the sun is out).

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Am I the only one that legit lowers the visor every single time it's bright outside in game?

Pretty much if I would be wearing sunglasses in real life, I have the visor lowered. Maybe it's just a VR thing? I prefer things to be tinted in general, I wear sunglasses quite often IRL (pretty much 95% of the time the sun is out).

Nope, I do it in the MiG-21bis, M2kC, and the AV-8B N/A on bright days, every day :gun_smilie:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

I love it. My only problem with that is If you like to play when the brightness is low on the screen it gets kinda bad. I hope they will add a way to either remove the effect or change the transparency of the material.

Wouldn't the solution be to just, you know, not lower the visor? The whole point of having a tinted visor is to have protection from bright sunlight.

I love the feature too, but I think the sun glare protection should be more. To be honest, I mostly use it to wave to players when on the ramp or in close formation on MP servers. On that note, would be cool if DCS would implement a host of hand signals to other pilots/ground crew like they do in real life. I know, now I’m dreaming... but the visor up/down in quick succession is pretty close to my dream!

TM Warthog, Oculus Rift, Win10...

Maybe I miss something but, it's just a semi-transparent black overlay. It doesn't act as it should be against the sun. So, it doesn't make difference for me.

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068