gtx1070 and normandy - Page 6 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 11-10-2017, 11:26 AM   #51
Burning Bridges

Reputation power: 2
Burning Bridges is on a distinguished road

Your settings are rather the entrance into a world of pain like visility = ultra, this is certainly the last thing I would start with somebody's my fps were bothering him. Also why is heatblur and global illumination off?

Lastly I cannot interpret your diagrams because there is no labelling .. this always drove my professors nuts.
Burning Bridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 01:56 PM   #52
voodooman

Reputation power: 8
voodooman will become famous soon enoughvoodooman will become famous soon enoughvoodooman will become famous soon enough

@burning bridges

visibility ultra = visibility range affects vram and ram. i have enough both to have it on ultra and even some to spare. this thread is for gtx1070 and 16gigs of ram is generally recommended. 8gb vram of 1070 and 16gb system ram CAN handle ultra with other settings as mentioned in the 1st post.

Global illumination = i like it better without it.

heat blur = huge fps killer in airfields with jets taxiing and taking off

and what you mean the graphs are not labeled? every graph is labeled at the top right corner of each column.

Last edited by voodooman; 11-10-2017 at 02:05 PM.
voodooman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 11:52 PM   #53
Catseye

Reputation power: 8
Catseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the roughCatseye is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by javelina1 View Post
subscribing... I've tried this, and it's helped quite a bit.
Try with V-Sync "fast" in the Nvidia settings instead. It is almost the same as not having any vsync but prevents tearing as it matches the lowest refresh of the monitor but not always. In my case 60 frames. Normal vsync can create some jerkiness as it tries to force the same framerate all the time.
Catseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:58 PM   #54
Art-J

Reputation power: 17
Art-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really niceArt-J is just really nice

GTX1070 and 388.13 here as well. I agree with BurnigBridges' doubts to some extent.

Testing while sitting in a parked Spit at Lessay aifield with clutter at default "high" figure of 1000, "ultra" visibility range causes 6-10 fps drop compared to "high" (1200p rez, in-cockpit view, less in external, but we're not playing Warthunder, are we? ), even before starting the engine and going anywhere. Is it too much or not, depends on treshold fps one's aiming for.

As for the cockpit global lighting, having it "off" saves about 7-8 fps, but also completely messes up the ligting and shading of cockpits (attachments below, pay attention to radio box , gauges and the wires on the right), so I would still recommend having it "on" for much better visual quality.

All and all, Normandy is still a stutter fest compared to Nevada (not to mention butter smooth 1.5.7), at least down low when panning with TrackIR, but there have been some improvement lately. I've never tried this "fast sync" thingy, using adaptive up to that point. Sounds intereting. I'm going to turn it on and do a few test flights this evening.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	global_off.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	434.5 KB
ID:	172018   Click image for larger version

Name:	global_on.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	432.7 KB
ID:	172019