VR: Open Beta: Carrier is one big red bulb of light.

Lange_666

Open Beta: 2.5.6.50321

Mode: VR (Oculus Rift S)

During nighttime while on approach the carrier is one big red bulb, when closing in the red bulb divides into multiple red bulbs until around 1/2 mile from the carrier when they start to disolve and the carrier landing lights become visible.

This is not the case in the latest stable version 2.5.6.49798

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

That could be light bloom from the laser lineup system. It's incredibly big and bright even out to 5nm in daylight for me.

As you get closer then you become able to distinguish the laser lineup system from the deck lighting, possibly explaining why it "divides" at 1/2 mile.

I only breifly had a look last night and haven't had time since but as I approached the carrier, I saw several red lights on deck during a daylight mission. When I zoomed in they disappear, zoom out they come back on at about a mile or so from the carrier. I thought it was the AI planes but it might be the landing lights???

Im also Rift S and wasn't an issue previously.

Edited by Ratcatcher

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

That could be light bloom from the laser lineup system. It's incredibly big and bright even out to 5nm in daylight for me.

Well, the Bloom option under the VR is not (nor was) ticked.

There are other light issues too, like disapearing nav lights from other aircraft when using VR Zoom (or magnifier), changing nav light colours from white to red when zoomed etc...

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

I saw this as well, but not just with lights.

Anything red - I have 2 red shirt deckcrewman near the stern as static’s, and from far out, they show up as 2 giant red blobs on the stern of the boat. In close they go back to normal size. It’s the same for a red anti collision light on a hornet on deck. This is all from long distance, once in close it goes to normal.

Screenshots: First one is from a distance, sorry for the quality but VR screenshots always look like crap. Second one is the 2 red shirts that I think are what we are seeing.

Screen_200604_164903.png.13ddc0ec735c84532b01c1e7797cad41.png

Screen_200604_165125.png.19f986041296b37c6c681d9aedd9817e.png

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Anything red - I have 2 red shirt deckcrewman near the stern as static’s, and from far our, they show up as 2ngiant red blobs on the stern of the boat. In close they go back to normal size. It’s the same for a red anti collision light on a hornet on deck. This is all from long distance, once in close it goes to normal.

Screenshots: First one is from a distance, sorry for the quality but VR screenshots always look like crap. Second one is the 2 red shirts that I think are what we are seeing.

Nailed it! Though I think the pics don't do it justice as to how large they appear in my headset, though I'm sure it's nigh on impossible to get what you see through the lens into a screenshot! Hopefully they can fix quick!!! :thumbup:

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Anything red - I have 2 red shirt deckcrewman near the stern as static’s, and from far our, they show up as 2ngiant red blobs on the stern of the boat. In close they go back to normal size. It’s the same for a red anti collision light on a hornet on deck. This is all from long distance, once in close it goes to normal.

+1

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

+1 Zoom in and it disappears happening only since last update and during daytime too. On rift S

Edited by xnomad

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, i7-9700KF @ 3.60GHz, 32GB RAM, GeForce RTX 2070 Super 1800MHz, Occulus Rift S, CH Pro Pedals, CH Pro Throttle, Virpil MongoosT-50 CM2, Virpil VPC WarBRD Base.

Its happening for me in none VR mode.

Since the last update their are red lights on the flight deck way brighter than any other lights around them and they stand out from miles away, the flight deck looks like a sea of red traffic lights.

Trouble is i cant figure out if it is Nav lights, the red shirts or something else because when i zoom in the problem disappears as it does when i fly close to the boat.

The other issue i now have is every third or so load i spawn in a pool of bright blueish light, its really weird but again only since the last update.

Fixing something has obviously broken something else.

How much longer, Ops? The engine’s overheating and so am I. We either stand down or blow up. Which do you want?

:pilotfly::pilotfly::pilotfly:

Another +1.

Daytime, approaching carrier from behind. All static Hornet's red a/c lights are big glowing balls of red. Also had some static red shirts that were doing the same. (Using VR)

i5-9600k @ 5.0 GHz| Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | 32 GB Trident G.Skill RAM @ 3200 MHz | Thermaltake Floe Riing 360 AIO | Samsung EVO 860 500 GB SSD | Crucial MX500 500 GB M.2 | SanDisk 1TB SSD | EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra Gaming | EVGA G3 850W Gold PSU | Thermaltake View 71 TG Snow Edition | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFC Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift-S

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Yup in Reverb the same thing happens with red or white lights. Big blobs from a distance of 1 mile or more. The Ball and the laser light on ship have had this big glow since SC release.

The lights on the planes or deck were not like this before the last update. It also impacts non VR users. It is really immersion breaking and distracting. Noticed that the cockpit lights in hornet are really faint during day now to the point where they barely show up.

Also the bloom option does nothing either checked or not. The MSAA mask size does nothing as well. Tested it a lot. There is zero difference, so if it does nothing, then why is it even there? If the intent is to make these functional later on then ED should not make them visible until they do something. It only creates confusion and wastes peoples time trying to figure out what they do.

System Specs: 13900K, Strix Z790 Gaming E, MSI 4090 Sprim Liquid X  OC'd, 64gb Gskill Trident Z DDR5, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 SSD,. Winwing throttle, Winwing panels/MIPs and VKB GF3/MCGU stick, MFG Crosswind V2, HP REVERB G2.

You know what, I bet that's the Hornet's LOD bug: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=276429

At distance the mid-wing nav lights become red, even on static objects.

That's exactly it. I had set up the Lincoln deck with a row of F/A-18C lot 20 static objects along cat 1 and, at night, the left wing has the red light visible for miles, forming the aforementioned bulb. In my case, red shirts aren't visible at all.

Btw, this happens on the Stennis, too.