Playing DCS with few crashes? Why not help out a lad in need!

A cheerful title...

:helpsmilie:

Here's my situation:

I've had problems with not just DCS but all my intensive applications on my computer, and I'm never 100% which is to blame, though I'm looking at my video card. My computer is a prebuilt from Cybertron, but I either think that it's running on old and outdated hardware, or there are incompatibilities in drivers. I have been told my motherboard is old, so that could also be a problem.

- - - - -

Here's what I have:

MOBO: MSI 760GMA-P34 (FX)

CPU: AMD FX-8300 Eight-core processor

VIDEO CARD: XFX Radeon 470 4GB single-fan (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150781)

RAM: 16GB of Patriot Signature 8GB DIMM DDR3 CL11 PC3-12800 (1600MHz)

1 HDD: Toshiba DT01ACA100

- - - - -

At the moment, I suspect my video card is the problem, because I've had graphic errors (One of many occurrences; I ran DCS with Reshade yesterday, eventually I got pink/yellow/blue color bars and squares across the screen before my computer restarted), and an absolutely outstanding number of crashes from all of my games. I typically just have normal crashes with DCS, IL-2 BoS, and some other games, but mind-destroyingly frequent.

I have also been told that my CPU is not very good for running DCS. Not sure what to think about that.

My request: I would appreciate it if you guys could list what motherboard, CPU and video card you guys with fewer crashes use. My old laptop ran DCS smoother, which is a shame. Tips and pointers would be good as well, of course. I've given up trying to figure out what the problem is. At this point, I think I'm basically going to try to mimic the systems of others, fingers crossed that works.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

It could be many things but what you describe lets me believe it's corrupt Video RAM, either broken or dirty & hot. You may wanna clean each and every part and try again as a quick fix.

If you want to look around, here's the scope:

Either Intel i5/i7 8th generation or AMD Ryzen2 with a matching chipset and 16GB RAM, 32GB if you can afford it. The RAM should be 3200 or 3466MHz if you buy AMD, nice for Intel too but crucial for AMD !

The drive should be SSD based, best a NVMe class drive with 500GB

GPU..Nvidia will release the new Chip soon, wait for that to happen.

PowerSupply, dont cut corners here. 750-850w Seasonic Prime or equivalent quality ( hard to impossible to find ).

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Toshiba HD: Would run a disk check on it first (they are utter pants HD's)

know this from having to have changed 100's of them over the years

How old is you power supply and what make / wattage is it ?

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests