Persian Gulf Map and the L39 Albatros

Johnr666

Can I use the L39 Albatross with the Persian Gulf Map or is the F18 Hornet the only aircraft that works with the Persian Gulf map?

Because I am a newbie to DCS I am struggling to learn the Albatros, Hawk, F86 Sabre, Mustang and Spitfire.

As much as I would like to fly the new F18 Hornet it is beyond my present capabilities. Also I enjoy the trainers more than the more demanding fast and high tech aircraft.

Cheers

Was the question about RSBN and PRMG availability? That's usually the issue with modules like the MiG-21 and the L-39C, it's actually a good question.

Normally the PRMG could be set on a mission basis, since there were mobile units for that, not sure it's planned. It's probably not easy since those channels are set on the module's side and not from the DCS theatre data (at least it was the case before for the Fishbed, and I think for the Albatros).

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

But the new map might have usable NDBs?

The mudspike preview shows at least 7 NDB for the Persian Gulf side of the Strait of Hormuz. I'm a little suprised there isn't a NDB for Fujairah but perhaps it's hidden by the other DCS info.

There are quite a few RL NDB's shown on the ONC H-7 Chart, etc. for the area, so perhaps more will be added ?

It'd be a shame to use a mod (like adding NTTR legacy NDB's) to make it usable for the L-39, F-86, etc. when the info is publicly available but at least we'll have that option as a last resort.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Do remember to update DCS to the latest BETA version BEFORE you download the Persian Map.

"This medical officer has used my ship to carry his genitals from port to port, and my officers to carry him from bar to bar" -- British Officer Combat Report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

| VKB GunFighter II (Rev.B pin) + MCG-Pro | VIRPIL MongoosT-50 | MFG CrossWind | TrackIR5 | MonsterTech Throttle Mount | Win10Pro | MSI GTX 1660Ti | i7-4790K CPU | 16GB RAM | 1080p/144Hz Monitor | DCS on Samsung SSD 850 Pro |

Hi - I've set up a free flight mission at the Fujairah international airport - and I dont seem to be able to contact the ATC.

I've turned on Battery, Engine (CB Engine Switch), Inverter 1, Inverter 2 and Radio - however when I try to contact ATC (using \) I get nothing.

I've tried all 19 channels (it shows 250.6 but Im not sure how to tune into that with the 19 L39 channel options) - not sure if its possible to contact the ATC on the Persian Gulf Maps?

Thanks

There are some info in the DCS doc directory, in the DCS user manual.

In summary, you open the mission editor from the DCS main menu, you can then open any mission and edit it (except paying DLC content). Alternatively, you can do a one-time modification with the mission planner (button on the briefing page, just before starting the mission), which also opens the mission editor.

You have to find your plane, click on it, and you can then modify the radio channels on the right part of the editor, by selecting the radio tab, see the screenshot.

If you open the mission, you will be able to save the modified mission file, be aware it will be replaced on the next DCS update though, so save it under another name or elsewhere.

If you use the mission planner instead, the modification won't be saved and you'll have to re-do it again. Or you can use that to quickly check the current frequencies, but if you have already tested them all perhaps it's pointless.

Screen_180524_214240.thumb.jpg.1b221ee6852b16be8aad5b2efe82a771.jpg

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...