L-39 canopy reflections

RED

Like other modules the L-39 needs an overhaul for the cockpit reflections in my opinion. I am used to reflections of bubble canopies in gliders. In my experience they can be distracting and you need to readjust your eyes to look into the distance again after you accidentally focused on the reflections.

The current implementation in DCS can make one side of the canopy pretty much unusable. While some reflection look like their RL counterpart (screenshot with forward view), some are too much (view over the left shoulder).

The video shows a passenger taking pictures out of the canopy. While some of his photos and also the video cameras focus on elements within the cockpit and therefore show much reflections, some shoots (0:19) are focused on things outside the canopy. It's even hard to see the reflection that covers the tail section (red star) of the other L-39. It's is nearly impossible to see the reflection against the blue sky and white clouds. In DCS the different eye or camera focus is not simulated (at least with my settings). Therefore I hope ED can "tune down" the reflections to more reflect what you would see looking out of the canopy and not what you would see if you try to find the dirt on the canopy you missed during preflight.

Screenshots with higher settings are much appreciated!

forward

zTyb3ZM.png

left shoulder

mUipfck.png

L-39 Video