Training mission - s5 rockets

Airbusjoerg

Hi there,

I´m playing the L39 training mission (s5 rockets). Found it really hard to get everything together at the right moment during attack (speed, angle, altitude and so on), almost never hit the target directly. But even if I hit the ground 2-5 meters besides the target with two rockets, there is no damage to the target! What about fragmentation, shock wave, explosion radius...? I mean, in "real life" a direct hit is not as easy (poor visibility, weather, stress, under fire) and I really can´t believe, that it has no effect when the rockets hit 5m besides the rarget...? Or I´m completely wrong??

Best regards

Jörg

What are the targets? If it is just a truck, then S-5 fragmentation should be enough to do damage if fragmentation would fly toward it (fragmentation ain't modeled in DCS).

The S-5 was found to be too weak, why they made S-8. And for armored vehicles you want to get closer to direct hits.

Currently the S-5 are in DCS more like throwing water on someone and expected them to die....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Blast damage to my knowledge is modelled, but S-5s are weak. You'll pretty much need a direct hit in order to cause any damage with them.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

What are the targets?

It´s a truck.

So if the S5 is weak, perhaps I should use all 32 at once. At the moment I use only 2 per dive.

However, I found the guns (pod or GSH) are way more effective and easier to use. Using the guns I need 2-3 attempts to destroy the truck, and have to fly way less precise. So in that perspective, the S5 really seems to be a jumping cracker.

Best regards

Jörg