L-39C/ZA DLC-Campaign

mwd2

Fixed for 2.5?

Has this campaign been fixed? Does it work correctly in 2.5?

Can an english speaker understand it?

Interested to get this and the Albatross in the sale.

Thanks

Ryzen 5800X, 32GB RAM, RTX 3060

I'm currently on third mission, so I'm most likely not the most competent to answer this question, but the first two missions were great, workedy without a problem and were very well explained in the briefing and completely understandable. Voiceovers are in english.

The second mission was one of the best training experience I've had in a sim. The first two missions really set the bar high for the expections of the rest of the campaign. :)

Is anyone else having trouble with communicating with the ATC (as in, they do not respond at all despite being on channel 4 as standard)? I'm currently on the (I think) 7th or 8th mission, it wasn't a problem so far but for this particular one I had to activate easy communication to get anything done :(

The first mission is fun indeed, but i am a bit unsure how to reconcile the pattern we do in this mission and the pattern described in the L-39 manual. I reckon most of the degree values given in the intro to the mission are specific to this style of low and tight pattern and are not applicable to the standard pattern. I of course would like to learn a pattern that i can use at any airfield i land at and preferably depends at least on outer/inner ndbs as degree references for initiating turns 3 and 4.

So the pattern we learn in the first mission is a pure visual one (no reliance on the outer/inner ndbs nor rsbn) and if one uses the ndbs as reference values for initiating turns one would need to fly a bigger pattern so that those values of 120/240° to the outer ndb as reference point for initiating turn 3 make sense, sound about right?

Patterns IRL are usually shown on an airfield chart, flown at 900ft AGL or thereabouts, and some will include landmarks to help you with knowing when to turn or if there are sensitive areas you should avoid for noise reasons.

My guess is that those NDB references are just a crutch to help you get a feel for the pattern, and to learn how to gauge distance from it. Makes no sense to fly a visual procedure with instrument references, just look outside.

So the pattern we learn in the first mission is a pure visual one (no reliance on the outer/inner ndbs nor rsbn) and if one uses the ndbs as reference values for initiating turns one would need to fly a bigger pattern so that those values of 120/240° to the outer ndb as reference point for initiating turn 3 make sense, sound about right?
I'm not really an expert but that was also a conclusion that I arrived to. The pattern in mission is purelly visual - that's why it's quite different when it comes to parameters from the one included in the manual. Even if you try to turn on a nav equipment when you're strating up the instructor will say to turn it off as it's an visual flight. Nice touch from the mission designers (no cheating in other words :D).

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all