Built-in voice communication

Dukes

I think the DCS WORLD is a very good Simulate flying game.But it seems have no Built-in voice communication,We have to use other softwares to communication,like Teamspeak.It is very inconvenient and unreal.Can you consider about add the Built-in voice communication?

• Like 2

Have you looked at Simple Radio Standalone? It uses the in cockpit radio switches & buttons and works as the real ones did in most cases.

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Diary of a hopeless Pilot Officer http://roblex56raf.livejournal.com

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 16Gb RAM, Intel Core i3/i5/i7 6xxx @ 2700 MHz

I think the DCS WORLD is a very good Simulate flying game.But it seems have no Built-in voice communication,We have to use other softwares to communication,like Teamspeak.It is very inconvenient and unreal.Can you consider about add the Built-in voice communication?

+1 It's something that's been asked for a lot, and it would make a fantastic addition to multiplayer settings and to my untrained brain can't be that difficult to implement.

Sadly though no news of development :cry:

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

As Roblex says, have a look at SimpleRadio standalone.

Its pretty much as integrated as you can get, including an in game overlay that's actually done by DCS, similar to ingame chat window and integration with all ingame radios

If you have trouble with it, let me know :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

I mean communicate with other guys in the Multiplayer mode,not the ATC or AI.And i do not think the chat window is convenient .I think the communication mode in BMS is better:when you press one button,you can talk with other guys in the same frequency.I think it is worth to reference it.

Edit the line below to your server address where SRS server is running:-- CHANGE FROM

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "127.0.0.1" -- Port optional e.g. "127.0.0.1:5002"

--TO

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "5.189.162.17:5010" -- BuddySpike One

-- OR

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = " 37.59.10.136" -- TAW One (port optional)

WHERE?Which file?

I mean communicate with other guys in the Multiplayer mode,not the ATC or AI.And i do not think the chat window is convenient .I think the communication mode in BMS is better:when you press one button,you can talk with other guys in the same frequency.I think it is worth to reference it.

Did you actually LOOK at Simple Radio Standalone? It is exactly this! Radio Comms for Multiplayer with realistic radio channels and all problems coming with them.

EDIT: ok, chinese version is currently not available...

Edited by shagrat

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

there is also TARS. have a look at it.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Guys please, I know you are all trying to help, but this is a very legitimate wishlist item/question.

Simple Radio is great, but it's still a third party voice chat system, that can be buggy and sometimes doesn't work. It's also a pain to set up correctly. It took me a few days and quite a bit of experimentation and fiddling around to get it to work correctly on the Blue Flag server.

A voice chat system that works like simple radio, but is completely integrated in the game would be absolutely amazing. I doubt it's going to happen though, but it is still a better wishlist item than 99.9% of the other wishlist items on here.

A big +1 from me.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Guys please, I know you are all trying to help, but this is a very legitimate wishlist item/question.

Simple Radio is great, but it's still a third party voice chat system, that can be buggy and sometimes doesn't work. It's also a pain to set up correctly. It took me a few days and quite a bit of experimentation and fiddling around to get it to work correctly on the Blue Flag server.

A voice chat system that works like simple radio, but is completely integrated in the game would be absolutely amazing. I doubt it's going to happen though, but it is still a better wishlist item than 99.9% of the other wishlist items on here.

A big +1 from me.

Please report bugs.... Afaik there are none outstanding, other than one known one and it should be at most a 5 minute setup including keybinds :)

Unzip, run installer, bind keys ( you can get away with 3). done. :)

Feel free to PM me with suggestions or improvements as it shouldn't take any fiddling around other than the above and I'm genuinely interested and want to improve it. :)

Edit: sorry if this came across as confrontational! Genuinely interested, and of course a dcs inbuilt one would be better but SRS is about as integrated as can be. Even has ingame UI overlay :)

Edited by Ciribob

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Ciribob, it's not confrontational but it is offtopic. I appreciate all of your effort in making Simple Radio happen, and it is a great tool, but wouldn't it be so much better if DCS had one that worked out of the box?

I will PM you with details on why it was difficult to set up the simple radio tool.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Seems totally ON topic to me.

1) OP asks for something that works in a specific way.

2) Is told by several people that SRS does exactly what he wants. Should be end of thread.

3) OP says SRS is not an option because it does not work properly.

4) SRS creator says that if there is a problem he will fix it immediately and we will be back at 2) with OP having exactly what he wants.

quibbling over whether it was written by DCS or someone else is pointless. Nobody complains about Mods & Aircraft being written by third parties because DCS is too busy.

==============================================================================================================================

56sqn US@R

Ciribob, it's not confrontational but it is offtopic. I appreciate all of your effort in making Simple Radio happen, and it is a great tool, but wouldn't it be so much better if DCS had one that worked out of the box?

I will PM you with details on why it was difficult to set up the simple radio tool.

Agreed. Sorry to derail. Thanks for PM :)

quibbling over whether it was written by DCS or someone else is pointless. Nobody complains about Mods & Aircraft being written by third parties because DCS is too busy.

You are missing the point. This is a wishlist thread, the topic is "Built-in Voice Communication". No one is quibbling over anything. Im pretty sure that SRS is not built into DCS, however it would be pretty great if it were, which is what this topic is about.

• Like 1

A big +1 from me.

Precisely

• Like 1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Edit the line below to your server address where SRS server is running:-- CHANGE FROM

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "127.0.0.1" -- Port optional e.g. "127.0.0.1:5002"

--TO

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = "5.189.162.17:5010" -- BuddySpike One

-- OR

SRSAuto.SERVER_SRS_HOST = " 37.59.10.136" -- TAW One (port optional)

WHERE?Which file?

You don't need to mess with that file or any other lua.

Installation is:

Download latest release zip here: https://github.com/ciribob/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone/releases/download/1.3.3.0/DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone-1.3.3.0.zip

Extract the zip to your desktop ( all files)

Run the installer.exe (leave all as default if unsure)

Installation Done.

The installer will open up where it installed and then: run the client radio, configure push to talk and radio switch hotkeys. Connect to the server you want to talk on (listed in mission).

That's it :)

Pm me if you want help. I'll do my best with Google translate :)

Guys, please don't call it buggy though, without reporting bugs... If you find bugs, report it or they won't get fixed. It's annoying to read about "bugs" and not get reports as I can't help which is all I want to do :)

Edited by Ciribob

Seems totally ON topic to me.

1) OP asks for something that works in a specific way.

2) Is told by several people that SRS does exactly what he wants. Should be end of thread.

3) OP says SRS is not an option because it does not work properly.

4) SRS creator says that if there is a problem he will fix it immediately and we will be back at 2) with OP having exactly what he wants.

Except the wishlist is built-in voice communication, that's what the OP is requesting. Having a 3rd party mod, although a perfectly adequate solution is not what's being requested. If you could take SRS and integrate it into DCS base installation, so it becomes part of DCS and not just a mod then that will be exactly what OP wishes for.

• Like 1

System:

Except the wishlist is built-in voice communication, that's what the OP is requesting. Having a 3rd party mod, although a perfectly adequate solution is not what's being requested. If you could take SRS and integrate it into DCS base installation, so it becomes part of DCS and not just a mod then that will be exactly what OP wishes for.

Well said. Just logged in to make a similar reply, but you hit the nail on the head quite nicely. Have some rep :thumbup:

• Like 1

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

I don't wish to be rude but given a choice between:-

A) DCS promises to implement a system some time in 2017 but does not manage it until Q2 of 2018 then when it has bugs takes several months to respond and several more to provide a half way solution.

&

B) A third party provides it now and then *begs* us to tell him of any bugs or niggles so he can do it within the next week.

I know which I prefer :-)

Yes in some fantasy world, having SRS built into DCS would be the best of all worlds but it does not work that way unless they buy the SRS code at which point any remaining issues stay unfixed for another year.

I am not criticising the DCS coders. They themselves would admit that once it gets absorbed by DCS it will not get the attention it was getting as someones pet project because it is just one of the many things they have to work on.

Edited by Roblex

56sqn US@R

Seriously? Why don't you read the OP?

He asked for built in comms because he was of the opinion that the only alternative was things like Teamspeak which is not realistic.

We merely advised him that SRS will give him exactly what he wants. He was not aware of this hence his reply about wanting to talk to people, not just ATC & AI, and not wanting to use the chat buffer. Nobody told him he cannot ask for built in comms if he has SRS. There was no reason for people to make a big fuss about him using the phrase 'built in'.

What would have been really bad is if everyone had just said 'Yes. I agree.' and nobody had let him know that while he was waiting for DCS to read his request, decide if they wanted to do it and get it done, he could use SRS instead of TS.:doh:

<Unsubscribed from thread>

Edited by Roblex

56sqn US@R