What is still broken/missing on the L-39

GeorgeLKMT

And come on ED! Please fix this as it can't be a major update.

This is my favourite module but it embarrasses me when I have to instruct new community members to install a mod to rectify this.

It's fixed in 2.1.1 and 1.5.7

Tested yesterday with 39C and ZA

• 2 weeks later...
I have found a bug regarding F10 map, online vs. offline, and I was wondering if it was just me or what...

The "TP" and "PR" NDBs (near Min Vody) are both listed as "1.2 Mhz" when flying online. Offline, I see they are listed with their proper kHz frequencies, and can thus be used as navigation aids.

I see this on separate servers, so it appears to be a global thing for me. Anyone else?

It's a rounding algorithm for abbreviating the map display. Unfortunately it doesn't keep all significant digits so 1.21 MHz and 1.182 MHz both display as "1.2"

I made a similar post in other thread about L-39, but maybe if I spam it enough devs will stop ignoring the issue :D

Lights in L-39 DCS look like this:

while in reality they are supposed to look like this:

or

(taxi, then landing setting)

= too bright, cones too wide, color slightly cooler (hard to compare to DCS colors tho)

It's a giantic difference and current lights make night flying in DCS very unpleasant. I have no clue if it's an issue with L-39 or DCS, but my money is on the Albatros :)

albatros_lights.thumb.jpg.7ef2a8d6743bfd6324d55907f8d75c92.jpg

Edited by L-39beeratros
  • Like 1

That goes for every module, there's might be a change coming in 2.1 though. I recall seeing that somewhere but maybe I'm making stuff up. The landing lights should also be visible for many miles ahead of the aircraft.

Try finding and L-39 in darkness using the nav lights...they won't pop in until about 500 meters making midnight IFR rendezvous very difficult unless you use the flares, which shouldn't be required every time.

http://www.masterarms.se A Swedish Combat Flight Simulator Community.

I think all planes are unrealistic in DCS :smilewink:

It's not a limitation of DCS though. Back in history when the lights were user-editable in lights.lua instead of baked into an uneditable file, I messed with some of the variables.

Lights have a lot of potential if their values are carefully crafted. The fact that every DCS light you see is the dull and bad looking default values is just because none of the individual developers have taken the time to get the most out of the system.

Maybe one will take the time and shame the rest into making their lights the best they can be.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure if anyone posted this anywhere, but having it where you see your friends canopy open in a multiplayer server not seeing both front and back seat open. When its only your aircraft you can only see your front canopy open but it's different when you see others. Maybe have it only if you set it as a two seater option only?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

• 3 weeks later...
I would add RSBN beacons to more airfields or just make it compatible with ILS / TACAN beacons. What we have now is the wrong kind of realism.

Give a shot to this mod I made, it basicaly adds RSBN beacon to every airfield in Caucasus

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2451943/

Similar mod (including PRMG iirc) can be found also for NTTR.

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

I would add RSBN beacons to more airfields or just make it compatible with ILS / TACAN beacons. What we have now is the wrong kind of realism.

you wont need mods for ils or tacan compatability

DCS-Garmin_700x1000_v2.jpg

Garmin NS430 is almost a sure thing ( eventuality) for the L39C & ZA since there is already some code for it.

c5OcCZ1.png

Then youl have GPS mapping and communications feature which will make compatible with current Western AM/FM radio frequencies as well. Far better than just having radio beacon based navigation.

cockpit-L39.jpg?m=1453142659

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, a few questions that came to my mind lately:

1. At this picture (and many others) you can see the range scale for the radio range finder, on the right hand side of the gunsight. Where is that range scale on "our" L-39's? -> https://www.flugzeugforum.de/data/attachments/751/751747-de2f624d4106b33821a68fbf8dfd775c.jpg

Edit: Has the radio range finder been implemented at all?

2. East German pilots keep telling that there was only a small time frame for shooting the R-3S missile, because the minimum speed for shooting the R-3S was just a little bit below the maximum aircraft speed (where the airbrake is being engaged automatically). Doesn't seem to be the case in "our" L-39's. Any thoughts about this?

Edited by portman

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

1. The gauge you're seeing on the picture is a part of SRD-5 "KVANT" target rangefinder. It was only present on early models and later removed due to its unreliability.

2. The armament system is unblocked above 310km/h and it's certainly not smart enough to block the weapons based on loadout. So there might as well be a requirement for minimum speed specifically for R-3S (although I can't find any information on it), but the aircraft will let you fire it above 310km/h anyway.

1. The gauge you're seeing on the picture is a part of SRD-5 "KVANT" target rangefinder. It was only present on early models and later removed due to its unreliability.

Cool, thank you. :thumbup: Do you know if the KVANT was replaced by a different rangefinder? Or is there simply no rangefinder installed on "our" L-39?

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!