What is still broken/missing on the L-39

GeorgeLKMT

I've seen guys flying online in damaged planes that do not show up on the F10 map view. I assume they are zombies. Perhaps it is a DCS damage model and not just the L-39?

If I remember right, Martin can easily reproduce the issue... that is a bug.

That's a core DCS issue. When your airplane reaches a certain damage threshold (ie losing a wing) the game considers you to be dead/nonexistent. It prevents AI from engaging you after you've been fatally damaged.

Problem is, this "dead" trait carries over to the map and comm menu. In the L-39 I believe it is triggered by losing as little as one wing tip, which should probably be changed.

Re: Discussion of engine damage modeling.

The engine should not explode or fail if you run it at 106% for too long. IRL you can run it at takeoff thrust for an hour without any apparent issues, but the engine will need servicing or replacement much earlier in its life.

The EGT should not increase over time, it will stabilize shortly after RPM does. However, there is one glaring inaccuracy that I've seen in ALL dcs engine modeling: Hot starts!

IRL, if you feed too much fuel into the engine during startup it WILL overheat and it WILL severely damage the hot section. In the L-39, throttling up while the engine is starting will result in a very high EGT and associated warning but no engine damage.

Edited by Pocket Sized

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.

I can confirm bug -Martin- mentions, he has also alredy reported it in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180666

Please add it to the list, this one is really critical.

Thank you for confirming this bug and supporting my comment. I find the explanation below by Pocket Sized plausible, perhaps there is something about the L-39 that makes the issue more prominent in this plane. If this is really the mechanism then I would like to note that, based on my experience, such a `dead' trait must also carry to in-cockpit sounds and at least to some of the plane's electric systems. Furthermore, I did some testing where I lost both wings completely but the bug was not triggered, at least not immediately. Obviously, I could not fly for long :). Once again thank you all for your input.

That's a core DCS issue. When your airplane reaches a certain damage threshold (ie losing a wing) the game considers you to be dead/nonexistent. It prevents AI from engaging you after you've been fatally damaged.

Problem is, this "dead" trait carries over to the map and comm menu. In the L-39 I believe it is triggered by losing as little as one wing tip, which should probably be changed.

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't seen it listed, but when I play a replay with "gun-site for replay only"or "both" I only get a blank screen during the replay. It only works during the actual flight.

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the rear canopy falling off after using auto stop/auto start routines. I think this was an undocumented fix in 2.0.5.3140 or earlier as it no longer happens in this latest version. I note that 1.5.6.1930 still has this bug. Note that the macro_sequences.lua files are interchangeable and placing it into the C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\L-39C\Cockpit folder will cure the bug in the 1.5 build.

Smoke indicator in the cockpit of the L-39C.. so you can see when your smokes are on or off..

+ 1000, I have programmed it on a led of MFD Thrusmaster with TARGET, it would be more nice in cockpit, and i would like to erase completly the mirror when I don't use it :yes:

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

In the current openbeta, are you guys able to put the throttle from stop to idle? In the 'C' I cannot, but in the 'ZA' I can. I've tried to delete the whole control profile for L39C and let dcs rebuild it, but no luck. Just spawn cold/parked L39C in the mission editor, or launch the first training mission to see. Don't know if it's just me or some global issue. Thanks!

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

No problem here with L-39C in custom built mission.

Same

Thanks guys, I found the issue was on my end after some digging into it. It was "synchronise throttle with hotas controls at mission start" in the options along with inverted throttle axis for the C version by a mistake, which resulted in locked throttle :doh:. Cheers again!

I have found a bug regarding F10 map, online vs. offline, and I was wondering if it was just me or what...

The "TP" and "PR" NDBs (near Min Vody) are both listed as "1.2 Mhz" when flying online. Offline, I see they are listed with their proper kHz frequencies, and can thus be used as navigation aids.

I see this on separate servers, so it appears to be a global thing for me. Anyone else?

In the current openbeta, are you guys able to put the throttle from stop to idle? In the 'C' I cannot, but in the 'ZA' I can. I've tried to delete the whole control profile for L39C and let dcs rebuild it, but no luck. Just spawn cold/parked L39C in the mission editor, or launch the first training mission to see. Don't know if it's just me or some global issue. Thanks!

Have you tried unlocking the idle from the instructor seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30+ years flight sims

-Alienware Desktop With constantly changing specs -Track IR 5 -Thrusmasters Warthog HOTAS #55179 -Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals

Have you tried unlocking the idle from the instructor seat?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion. I've managed to find the issue on my end, as I had the throttle axis inverted by a mistake + synchronise throttle with hotas at mission start caused mismatched controls and stuck throttle lever. Once I pushed full throttle instead, the lever would unlock suddenly... then I realised what's going on. :doh:

Cheers again!

• 3 months later...

ColdWar Server, suddenly lost main-hydrolics and the backseater was spamming "give me control" every few seconds. I was surprised i did not get a message, if i want to allow him to enter the plane. I twas super anoying because i use the mouse to look around i could not because the MsgBox was blocking the mouse.

I check the trackfile and convertet into a mission and the Editor-option was set to "allways ask"

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.