What is still broken/missing on the L-39

GeorgeLKMT

Alright, since there's still no bug section for this bird, and some bugs reported months ago are not fixed or even marked as [reported], I decided to make a list.

There are 26 pages worth of posts, so I must have missed something for sure. In that case, just link the post below.

Missing features:

• Engine EGT and overheat is not simulated

Not a bug, but annoying:

Bugs:

Edited by GeorgeLKMT
  • Like 2

Engine EGT and overheat is still not simulated

I'm pretty certain I've been in an overheat situation that has frozen the engine a couple of times. So this, I think, is at least partly modelled.

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I've definitely seen EGT temps rising over 600°C and have also suffered engine breakdowns as a result. Not sure anymore if combat damage was a factor though since it's been a while already.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Not a bug but an interesting option:

"Dismount Gunsight" option moved to the Mission Editor, Special option like the "Solo flight", instead of "Special Option".

Bug:

R-832M frequencies for the rear seat not updated from the frequencies set in the Mission Editor.

Thanks Tarres.

Ad EGT: I'm able to get above 600°C by setting up the engine surge in failures, so I guess it's there after all? I was assuming that the EGT is supposed to go higher than that just by being on the highest power setting, given the 20min limitation.

Edited by GeorgeLKMT

Ok but i think not all stations are available ?

The L-39 uses ED's Caucasus data (based on modern installations?), so has four RSBN stations at Russian military airfields.

The MiG-21 uses a custom file with different channels and many more stations/airfields.

It's possible to modify ED's Caucasus map navigation data to add historical RSBN stations but the problem arises due to flying a 70's aircraft on a map without matching 'historical' beacons, rather than a bug in the L-39's implementation.

Historical RSBN Stations

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2679574&postcount=20

RSBN Thread for further discussion/questions

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178459

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

The L-39 uses ED's Caucasus data (based on modern installations?), so has four RSBN stations at Russian military airfields.

The MiG-21 uses a custom file with different channels and many more stations/airfields.

It's possible to modify ED's Caucasus map navigation data to add historical RSBN stations but the problem arises due to flying a 70's aircraft on a map without matching 'historical' beacons, rather than a bug in the L-39's implementation.

Historical RSBN Stations

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2679574&postcount=20

RSBN Thread for further discussion/questions

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=178459

Thanks Ramsay, so the RSBN in the mig21 are old correct ? I mean they don't have those stations anymore IRL ?

I am not good with nav , so let's see may use the VOR / NDB then on the 39.

Ok back to xplane to study nav

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Attitude Power Trim Power Attitude Trim

Wing Commander SWAC

Thanks Ramsay, so the RSBN in the mig21 are old correct ? I mean they don't have those stations anymore IRL ?

I am not good with nav , so let's see may use the VOR / NDB then on the 39.

Ok back to xplane to study nav

DCS is also fine to study nav. :D

Rear seat EGT indication does not work.

Only one EGT can work at one time, there is a switch near the rear cockpit throttle handle to switch from one to another EGT gauge.

DCS is also fine to study nav. :D

Hmm how ? I don't see any VOR stations in DCS or maybe i don't know where to look.

Xplane is only for civil / bush flights so I can also fly in my home town.

How much I wish for DCS world Coverage.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

Hmm how ? I don't see any VOR stations in DCS or maybe i don't know where to look.

Xplane is only for civil / bush flights so I can also fly in my home town.

How much I wish for DCS world Coverage.

In absence of RSBN stations, you can use the ADF (automatic direction finder) to find NDBs (Non directional beacons) and navigate with L-39. There are plenty of NDBs scattered around the Caucasus map, and most if not all airfields have at least one NDB (some have two, inner and outer). The ADF doesn't give you the range to beacon, therefore some pre-flight planning is necessary.

Here is a video tutorial on how to navigate with NDBs.

In absence of RSBN stations, you can use the ADF (automatic direction finder) to find NDBs (Non directional beacons) and navigate with L-39. There are plenty of NDBs scattered around the Caucasus map, and most if not all airfields have at least one NDB (some have two, inner and outer). The ADF doesn't give you the range to beacon, therefore some pre-flight planning is necessary.

Here is a video tutorial on how to navigate with NDBs.

Hey thanks grunf , all numbers :( , i will try it out with the L-39 first and then the Mig21.

The RSBN is easy to be honest than the VOR :)

Will check the video thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wing Commander SWAC

• 2 weeks later...

Dear George,

I have noticed that your bug list does not include the bug that I am experiencing very often; once the pilot dies I can still control the plane. I've already talked about this in another thread, nevertheless I have not received any feedback on it. I was wondering if there was anyone else who was experiencing it. Maybe you recognise it as a `disappearing sound' bug, as the in-cockpit sound really disappears when this happens. But it is not the fact that sound disappears which is the problem. As at that point the pilot is already dead, we should not have the in-cockpit view and be in control of the plane at all.

Martin, I don't recognize this bug and I can't find any report of it either. This is mainly a list of reported items that got lost in time and haven't been adressed yet, so if you think you found a bug, please start another thread with the bug report and perhaps even steps to reproduce it, if possible. Or link already existing report so I can add it to the list.

• 1 month later...

cockpit 3D models errors

As I'm not sure it's already been reported, I'll add two cockpit models "imperfections":

L-39C without the gunsight (floating screw head):

Jpxha69.jpg

L-39ZA (floating screw head)

vS2P89W.jpg

(it looks like it could be attached somewhere on the left console but I didn't notice a missing screw)

Those are just details but I hope that post will help for a future update.

/// ВКБ: GF Pro MkII+MCG Pro/GF MkII+SCG L/Black Mamba MkIII/Gladiator/T-Rudder MkII | X-55 Rhino throttle/Saitek Throttle Quadrant | OpenTrack+UTC /// ZULU +4 ///

/// "THE T3ASE": i9 9900K | 64 GB DDR4 | RTX 2080ti OC | 2 TB NVMe SSDs, 1 TB SATA SSD, 12 TB HDDs | Gigabyte DESIGNARE mobo ///

Martin, I don't recognize this bug and I can't find any report of it either. This is mainly a list of reported items that got lost in time and haven't been adressed yet, so if you think you found a bug, please start another thread with the bug report and perhaps even steps to reproduce it, if possible. Or link already existing report so I can add it to the list.

I can confirm bug -Martin- mentions, he has also alredy reported it in this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=180666

Please add it to the list, this one is really critical.

Smash 1-1 | Hawk