Engine idle/stop button problem

tovivan

Thanks - reported as ticket #32175.

Thanks, quick reply much appreciated!

If you have a TM warthog you can bind it to the idle shutoff stop on the throttle. Works really well. Move it out of cutoff and engine lights.

That's just a patch and a very expensive one (not everyone will spend 500 eur for a gaming accessory, some of us come from poor countries :P ). Thankfully the team now know about it and will fix it. :thumbup:

I experience also binding issues with my X52 Pro and normal X52 in L39C module.

I just keep on pressing the desired button on my stick and after about max 10 secs the button is "recognized'. Dont give up on the first try. Hope it helps as a short term solution.

<==DCS Flaming Cliffs 3: Operation Grand Slam

<==Lock On: Flaming Cliffs 2 Tribute

I haven't got feedback from the devs yet, but maybe it is intended that no key can be set for it. We have individual key commands for ...

- Engine Start (RALT+HOME)

- Engine Stop (RALT+END)

On the other hand, why shouldn't there be an additional toggle key command?

I'm trying to have a TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle default input configuration added so that the idle detent (JOY_BTN29) works out of the box in the L-39.

Edited by derelor

1338 - beyond leet

ED Forum rules EN|DE|RU

I haven't got feedback from the devs yet, but maybe it is intended that no key can be set for it. We have individual key commands for ...

- Engine Start (RALT+HOME)

- Engine Stop (RALT+END)

On the other hand, why shouldn't there be an additional toggle key command?

I'm trying to have a TM HOTAS Warthog Throttle default input configuration added so that the idle detent (JOY_BTN29) works out of the box in the L-39.

Thanks for your efforts, derelor! Hopefully this'll get fixed in one of the coming updates, cause that switch needs to be clickable. :)

Even Ralt+END does not always work.

In one mission I can stop the engine pressing Ralt+END, in the next it might not work.

**EDIT**

I have found that if the mission starts in the air, then Ralt+END (or a controller button assigend to the engine stop function) does not work.

If the mission starts from the ramp or runway, then it works fine.

FinnJ

Edited by fjacobsen

i7-10700K 3.8-5.1Ghz, 32GB RAM, RTX 2070 Super 8GB, 2 x 1 TB SSD, 2 TB HDD 7200 RPM, Win10 Home 64bit.

• 2 weeks later...

I almost bang my head against the wall with this... turned out to be a funny human/computer glitch/error

I was with a friend online for my first flight and he was explaining the start up procedure. It was the first time I was getting in the plane. I had just basic set of controls assigned meaning all joystick controls deleted then added just the axes for basic flight and controls for flaps and landing gear.

Obviously... when it came to the moment to unlock the throttle and give gas to the engine... nothing happened.

After several attempts to reassign the commands and after we observed "in horror" that I have also the throttle idle/stop command (assignable only to joystick) and he (my friend) didn't (he has the module from before the patch, me from today) I had an idea...

Let me check my throttle axis if is not by default... inverted. :D I just check inverted in axis tune and... presto! It works flawlessly now.

lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 years later...

I have restarted numerous times, even set the Engine Throttle Idle position (R ALT+HOME) TO MY to my X52 stick.

Nothing seems to work to get it to go to idle when starting it in the start up.

I am new to the L-39 and have been trying to learn the start up threw the start up in the INSTANT ACTION/ L39 C / Cold Start and it does not work there.. Neither the Keyboard or the hotas button does not set it to idle... I cannot mouse click the throttle either..

Has anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it??

I am having this problem also. I know this is a old post and hopefully someone will check it. I Have upgraded to the 2.5.something and have the Kursant Campaign installed. I also purchased the L-39 Albatros. I cannot get the throttle to move to the idle position when I try to start it. The RAlt+Home button is not working. I have tried to bind it to my stick X52 Pro and still cannot get it to move to the Idle when trying to do a cold start. I have also tried different buttons such as RALT+Pageup etc. and nothing seems to be working on it.

Is anyone else still having a problem with this and how did you fix it?

I only bind the "engine idle" to a joystick button since I accidentally hit the previously-bound "engine off" button about 2 miles out on final Batumi . (Sigh) I use the fuel cutoff lever to kill the engine now !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Also, the IDLE key doesn't work right after you start a mission, I found out you had to move the throttle firtst.

Currently, the throttle internal state is maxed out when you start, and before you touch any of your controls, no matter where your actual throttle control is. So if you start a mission on the runway, it will start to spool up and roll unless you quickly touch the throttle control. And perhaps the throttle must be low before the idle is taken into account, that would explain the problem.

It may also depend on how finished the previous mission, there are remnants from the previous overall module state.

Very old bug, the initial state that fails to read the controllers on mission start.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

Re X-52 probs , I hope you guys are using the DCS binds & not the Saitek programming , which I found very flakey . I also once experienced a similar problem to that discussed here because on mission start I did not have the throttle all the way back . Finally , you may wish to recalibrate your throttle leaving a tiny bit of travel unused , to ensure the it has room for the "idle cutoff" and afterburner functions (If needed) .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I had a similar problem with a CH Pro Throttle. When I 'tuned' the throttle/trust axis in DCS Controls I saw that it never fully went back to zero. So, I had to set a null bit at the end (I ended up using saturation for this I think).