News?

Bloodhound57

Is there any news on the development? I thought that we would start seeing more from Heatblur during this next 90 days?

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Even though I am curious as well, I do not believe this is how it works. I've never seen a dev respond with actual news when somebody asked for it. They will share news if there is any 'big' news.. Patience is key my friend

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

So....why are you guys quoting 30 days, and 90 days as when its coming to early access ? Because Cobra said that within 90 days they plan to be within "touching distance" of early access.. you guys keep spreading false hype.

Wait for the real hype...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

I am sure that the F-14 is going to be awesome but Cobra, historically, is a terrible prognosticator. I would double any time frame estimate that comes from him.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

To me Heatblur seems like one of the most if not the most ambitious developer in DCS and sometimes it can feel like they are too ambitious but I rather have a developer who is willing to push the envelope rather than someone who is afraid to break out of the box. To my eyes it seems like Heatblur is really passionate about what they do and try to push the boundaries of what's possible in DCS with technologies like Jester AI which we haven't seen available yet.

I will be honest I was really looking forward to an update on the first of May and I was dissapointed when we didn't get any news but I think Cobra really wants to do it right with the Tomcat and I bet it is really difficult to keep your mouth shut about your project when you know you are doing a great job and people are asking relentlesly for it. If he feels it's not the right time yet then I am willing to wait.

I disagree. Why hold the progress hostage from customers? The inertia update was nothing more than words and things that they want to have in the F-14. I would like to see how it has been implemented into the actual aircraft in DCS.

It has been three years, as customers, we deserve more.

PC: ASROCK Z370 Gaming K6 | Intel i7 8700K | GeForce 2080TI | 32GB GeSkill 3200 RAM | GeForce 2080TI | 500GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 | 1TB Samsung 860 EVO M.2

FLIGHT STUFF: Rift S | Warthog Base | Virpil Base | Hornet Grip | A-10 Grip | Cougar Grip | Virpil F-14 Grip | Cougar MFD's | A-10C UFC | Saitek Flight Panels | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

Actually in the last update they explained how the real system works and showed us an example of their simulation in DCS although we only got to see an export and not the actual DCS flight but we got to see that progress is being made and we are moving closer to an early access release.

Now I agree with you that more updates would be nice and the big gap between the updates may make it seem like it's going to take even longer than it already has but I would rather they worked more on the plane so we can get it earlier than get an update that may or may not satisfy our apetite (because we will always want more). I really hope that we are going to get an update relatively soon and I know that it will get me on the edge of my seat but ultimatetly what I (and probably all of us) want is to fly the damn thing.

What we actually want is assurance that it is indeed getting released soon and also the update we want is not a wall of text with a few pictures thrown in but more likely a video (or a lot of videos) that demonstrate why we desperately want the Tomcat like a tour of the plane, a startup video or an aerial engagement but the thing is those updates take precious time that the team probably needs to invest elsewhere. Meanwhile I will keep hitting f5 on the forum and on the facebook page hoping that I am going to get a new piece of information that I am going to watch or read 3 or 4 times like I did with the rest of the updates. But if I don't see it yet I understand that it's probably for good reason. I think that Cobra chooses when to update us after heavy thought and not because he's mean.

I definitely see your point but we should see the issue from their perspective as well. It's our job as a community to support them and when things don't go the way we and they hoped to show understanding. That's the kind of community that makes you proud of being a part of.

I just realized that this is my 37th post so here's a screenshot of a Viggen

picture.php?albumid=1527&pictureid=9863

Edited by Lieuie

No news is good news....

I'm sure when they have completed more work on the INS and weapons systems/radar we will get more updates, like everyone here i can not wait to get this bird (i can play now since the new memory update) but we have to be patience.

So sit back make yourself a coffee and watch Top Gun and The Final Countdown for the 500th time and smile...knowing, we will all be buzzing the tower soon enough.

I disagree. Why hold the progress hostage from customers? The inertia update was nothing more than words and things that they want to have in the F-14. I would like to see how it has been implemented into the actual aircraft in DCS.

It has been three years, as customers, we deserve more.

No, you don't deserve more, you don't deserve anything. You simply want.

None of us have parted with our money yet, and as such aren't in a place to do anything more than request things. HB have been pretty good at putting out information updates and answering questions.

None of us have parted with our money yet, and as such aren't in a place to do anything more than request things. HB have been pretty good at putting out information updates and answering questions.

Was gonna say this. No one has paid for a thing yet do your certainly not a customer.

Modules- F15, F18, Spitfire, Mirage F1, Persian Gulf, Normandy 2.0, Syria, WW2 assets.

"Try to have the same number of landings as you have takeoffs"

Exactly. Since none of us has any investment in the product we can enjoy the occasional update without getting overly stressed out about the details or timeline. I would rather be surprised than spend time over anticipating the final results of HB's efforts, which will be well worth the wait, I am sure.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

You are kidding me right? I have not purchased anything yet? Did you take advantage of the "gift cards" they were offering? I am a customer, I did. But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Not going to get in an internet argument over it. I just see how ED is doing things with their releases imminent and how the F-14 has been handled. We have just been told that the release is near with the F-14 and have been shown a Chrome Tomcat with placeholder textures.

You are kidding me right? I have not purchased anything yet? Did you take advantage of the "gift cards" they were offering? I am a customer, I did. But hey, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

Not going to get in an internet argument over it. I just see how ED is doing things with their releases imminent and how the F-14 has been handled. We have just been told that the release is near with the F-14 and have been shown a Chrome Tomcat with placeholder textures.

+1...Gonna have to agree with that assessment. Sorry

Ok, so just because an update isn't good enough for you...Doesn't mean its not an update....

Obviously your not satisfied with reading the information, which you obviously did not understand it because it's not what they want in the tomcat it's what is already there...

If you don't like how they do business then don't buy it, nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything.

If you ask me the amount of impatience in this community is staggering. Everyone begs for proper aircraft and if something with the aircraft isn't perfect at early access, the devs get thrashed for it... But at the same time you people keep complaining "It's been 3 years" Really ??

Obviously, you cannot have fast, and good.. it's one or the other...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Matt "IceFire" Schuette

Commander In Chief United States Atlantic Command

Virtual Carrier Air Wing Eleven

They never made any promise of a release being near. They said that they hope to be within touching distance of release sometime in the next 90 days. A hope is just that, a hope and not a promise or guarantee of a release. I get that everyone is anxious for more news, I'm included in that group of people, but I think you may have read a little more into that statement than was there.

Your giftcard is valid for anything on the HB store - it is not a Tomcat voucher.

If you feel so inclined, spend it on the Viggen, a shirt or even the Tomcat peripherals coming to our store later. Or any of our unnanounced products.

I believe we're just about hitting the double digits in terms of major and minor updates in 2018 alone.

There is unfortunately not enough manpower to dedicate towards delivering more meaty updates until we are in our prerelease PR cycle.

The recent INS update, for that matter, are things implemented into the simulator. Not things we would want to do.

We try to only talk about things that we know we will deliver. Making long winded posts about unimplemented or pipedream features is pointless.

I think your reservations of our "handling" of the F-14 are woefully at odds with the quality of the product that we will deliver. In my opinion, that is all that matters.

Edited by Cobra847

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

Your giftcard is valid for anything on the HB store - it is not a Tomcat voucher.

If you feel so inclined, spend it on the Viggen, a shirt or even the Tomcat peripherals coming to our store later. Or any of our unnanounced products.

I believe we're just about hitting the double digits in terms of major and minor updates in 2018 alone.

There is unfortunately not enough manpower to dedicate towards delivering more meaty updates until we are in our prerelease PR cycle.

The recent INS update, for that matter, are things implemented into the simulator. Not things we would want to do.

We try to only talk about things that we know we will deliver. Making long winded posts about unimplemented or pipedream features is pointless.

I think your reservations of our "handling" of the F-14 are woefully at odds with the quality of the product that we will deliver. In my opinion, that is all that matters.

The gift card was bought for the Tomcat. I have no interest in anything else from the store. I understand where you are coming from with the update process and personally am not looking for 5 page updates with 3 videos and 19 pictures. It takes less than a minute to type a few sentences or upload a photo.

Thank you for the update. Glad you guys are still working on the Tomcat.

Edited by Bloodhound57

To me the flow of information and updates we receive from HB about their F-14 is more than enough.

I don't know why we would need more and more news or updates when there already are plenty of update threads with a lot of text and pictures to read and look at.

Perhaps there shouldn't be even more news until more progress is made. I would get tired of daily or weekly updates containing pictures with a few changes or bug fixes to the 3d model, textures or systems.

Updates should contain something new or worth to look at, which can't be achieved with daily or weekly updates, I think.

people will always want more ... And after they launch, they will continue wanting more ... And human nature.

I confess that I bought the gift card last year with the photo of the F14, imagining that there would be his release soon. But it did not happen, even though the gift is stored for use when he leaves.

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind