Prebuying inquiry

Aries101

L-39 is a great trainer that forces you to fly the aircraft properly. Once you master attacking ground targets in it meeting strict criteria for ingress altitude, sight settings, weapon settings, dive angle, release height, etc...once you get into Mig-21, Su-25 those things become quite easy and once you get into A-10C it all becomes super easy :) Once you master L-39 in all weather conditions, weapons employment and navigation, most of the other jet planes will be much easier for you to get into - and that is probably the main purpose of it (apart the possibilities to utilize it as a COIN aircraft).

And let us not forget , the L-39 is a dream to fly...

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

I have to agree with msalama there. Doing ground-pounding with the L-39 is a blast!

People saying it is "useless" in multiplayer just because it can't spam Mavericks and CBUs over the targets are ridiculous.

Don't forget that you play your own game, and have fun YOUR way.

[sIGPIC][url=http://www.blacksharkden.com][/url][/sIGPIC]

http://www.blacksharkden.com

"Come join us" - Bad Religion

The Albatros is one of my favourite aircraft. It's simple and really a joy to fly and practice whatever you like.

As a combat aircraft, I would like to point out that most successful COIN aircraft are a lot like the Albatros:

- Small

- Light

- Slow

- Dual seat

Think about it: Super Tucano, Strikemaster, Bronco etc. etc. all the same recipe.

The A-10 and the Su-25 are without doubt also great, but probably a bit too big and heavy for a real COIN aircraft and more suitable for tank killing etc.

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The L-39 C or ZA is designed from the 1960s. So it's a good feeling to fly, just because you really drive it and not a computer. The next time you destroy a target, it is a lot of patience and pilot skills. It is important to get this experience if you move to another type of aircraft when a more modern machine than Albatros (Albík) does not forgive the bugs against the L-39.

Albatros has many good qualities and is used by many states in its arsenal and private hands.

It's not about being available but about being a really great plane. Its past to its origin was as tricky as its predecessor L-29 Dolphin. Originally, these machines were not wanted and they became stars in their category as well as A-10C

If you are considering buying this module, it is not a bad choice.

I personally got it and bought it for the reasons.

1. My heart because I come from CZECH

2. I can fly from my friend in MP

3. I can train some of the maneuvers that I then use in another machine

4. And in our community I feel a lot of fun to relax

for a better idea of ​​the airplane there is a link:

http://l-39.cz/_odkazy.html#L39

(google translation)

The A-10 and the Su-25 are without doubt also great, but probably a bit too big and heavy for a real COIN aircraft and more suitable for tank killing etc.

No, in real world they are just too expensive to buy and operate. If cost and time to build those things was not a factor, we'll bomb every insurgent using B-2 and F-35s.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I have to agree with msalama there. Doing ground-pounding with the L-39 is a blast!

People saying it is "useless" in multiplayer just because it can't spam Mavericks and CBUs over the targets are ridiculous.

Don't forget that you play your own game, and have fun YOUR way.

Damn right! You feel like boss after destroying an outpost and some ZU's and some unfortunate after a step dive just to go crazy evading tracers as you buzz away in lower speeds than one should comfortable with.... The rest, are too busy checking points and number of targets

As others have said, for combat capability plus simplicity get the F-5E. However, if you want an aircraft that’s an absolute dream to fly then pick up the L-39, it is my favorite flying jet in the game.

"Though I fly through the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil. For I am 80,000 feet and climbing." -9th SRW Det. 1 Wing Ops, Kadena AFB, Okinawa, Japan

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-4460, 16GB of RAM, MSi GTX 970 Twin Frozr V, ASRock H97M Anniversary, 2x 1TB HDD, Fractal design Core 1100, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Corsair Vengeance K70, Razer Abyssus mouse, BenQ 1080P monitor.

Love the thread title “Prebuying inquiry”. It’s like shopping for a used car, hopefully module purchase doesn’t require too much kicking of tires into the future..

PC spec: i9 9900KS @ 5.1ghz, 32GB RAM, 2 TB NVME M2, RTX 3090

Peripherals: TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Flight Pedals, Rift S, Custom UFC

Hello guys.

I am in process of buying new module for DCS. For timebeing I have two failed purchases of with i mostly dislike both. KA 50 and SU 27 to be precise. Not for being bad but those were just not my type I guess so i am now all over the place looking for right one. I discarded at this point Viggen and Mirage. A 10C is way too complicated for my taste. Not sure about the rest.

What I am looking in plane is nice looks, simple operations, usability in missions (solo and in multiplayer) so I was wondering does Albatros since it is mostly trainer could fit in those roles? I dont expect to be perfect , but fun and usable I guess.

I also own a couple of modules which I regret and was also mostly looking for one plane that I can just fly and enjoy.

Actually, if you disregard combat the Albatros is by far the most user friendly plane that I own and definitely the one I would keep if I had to choose one.

Other considerations that you have not listed are the view from the cockpit (which gets even better because you can remove the gunsight). It's also remarkably easy to fly, and a complete functioning module.

And if you are still looking, you can also have a look at the Mig-15 which is a close second imo, but very regrettably has not removable gunsight. This gunsight takes up ~40% of my forward view including the variometer which annoys the sh** out of me. Otherwise I would rate it as a potent trainer too.