Pilot Animations

tmansteve

Try the "misc" tab in settings . You should find it there .

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

Went into Options and Misc but there was nothing there. Do I have to be airborne to see head turns etc. All I see is the pilot lift his arm to close the canopy and nothing else. IF I recorded the flight with 3rd party software, would I see the animations then?

I feel done by the trailers. I sometimes feel I have wasted my cash.

Cheers

It seems I misunderstood your question . The only animations I am aware of are the pilot interaction with the stick , throttle and rudder ., and of replay I know nothing . Apologies for my unqualified answer , as well as the inadequate reading of your question !

9700k @ stock , Aorus Pro Z390 wifi , 32gb 3200 mhz CL16 , 1tb EVO 970 , MSI RX 6800XT Gaming X TRIO , Seasonic Prime 850w Gold , Coolermaster H500m , Noctua NH-D15S , CH Pro throttle and T50CM2/WarBrD base on Foxxmounts , CH pedals , Reverb G2v2

So I did some further research , and found that the pilot animations are module-specific , and not global to DCS . This prolly means that the level of animation (head) is specific to the module as well . As the L-39 shows the pilot's arm closing the canopy in replay , and does not show the pilot's head movement even in live action (with trackir) , we're prolly stuck as is for the foreseeable future . The modules that Do support head animations are a couple of whirleys and I'm not sure if that was a Su-27 or an F-15 full-featured modules .

Dear all,

On my end, and during normal game-play, I see on external view all pilot animations; head movement, stick movement, pedal movement, and previously mentioned arm lifting. This is for both a player and AI.

Nevertheless, during the track reply, I saw only stick movement animations; no head movement. This must be a reply related bug.

Cheers guys for your input. The replay certainly is terribly flawed. I cant run a replay at mo. All my planes explode. Lets hope when they have full working 2.5, everything works as it should. Wont be buying anymore modules etc until then.

Will do some more testing witn other modules and see how I get on. It makes me laugh, when I saw the trailers, it look so stunning. Its not like I have a slow rig. I wish they would tell you that these anims wont work yet and I would be happy knowing that some day they might.

Stop fibbin lol :music_whistling:

Edited by tmansteve

I know it’s not the L-39 but the the pilot raises his arm to put his visor up/down in the Harrier in the external animation

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |