Eastern Friendship - An F/A-18 Campaign on the Caucasus Map By Sedlo

I've decided that mission 4 is impossible. After I hit the main target I don't get the prompt to egress to waypoint 6. So I assume it wants the fighters taken out. 4 of them launch initially, the AIM-120c doesn't really do anything unless you're within visual range, even then I have to hold my breath. I once had all of the initial fighters dead and then more scrambled and I caught a r-60 up my butt.

Sigh.

I don't think you have to wait for a signal. If you can't hit the fighters on the ground just switch waypoints and get out. The trigger seems to be near WP8 I think it was. That being said, load up the 120B and new 9X. I lost a stabilizer in my bomb run and still splashed 4 Migs on the way out.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I don't think you have to wait for a signal. If you can't hit the fighters on the ground just switch waypoints and get out. The trigger seems to be near WP8 I think it was. That being said, load up the 120B and new 9X. I lost a stabilizer in my bomb run and still splashed 4 Migs on the way out.

Is the B better than the C?

Is the B better than the C?
Definately. It might be a bit close here but the AIM-9X is perfect. 2 of the Migs did not even try evade, don't think they had time.

If you bomb from the North, you should be heading directly at the runway, if you are quick, you can drop your first Mig as it takes off.

Otherwise, bomb West to East, egress out to sea, turn back in so you hit your flight path between 7 and 8 and you should be alive.

The Migs are interested in the Harriers, so if you stay out their way and burn you will make it.

Yup this is what I did, bombed the port and then took a right hand turn and made it to the runways but I couldn't see any migs taking off so I dropped some bombs on the parking area of the runway and then flew along my flight plan. At one point I saw a mig on my way to waypoint 8 and got close enough to shoot it down. Don't think it saw me coming behind it. I'll have to try out the aim 9x and aim120B now on misison 3.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Why not use the 120C? Newer model...

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Supposed to be better but sometimes DCS is weird. I haven't done any testing

Interesting, I haven’t heard that. I just haven’t bothered with the B, since the C is the newer model.

That being said, the latest beta patch seems to have made the C MUCH better than before.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Sedlo, trying this campaign after the wonderful Vulcan Forge in AV8B.

I'm trying the first mission but I have a weird problem: after Colt 2 (my wingman) take off, there's no more way to access the communication menu. I keep pressing both the keyboard key as well as the HOTAS button but the comm menu never shows up again (while before Colt 2 takes off and on the ground everything works). I've even tried to reassign the comm menu button to other keys (both on HOTAS as well as keyboard) without success... Any suggestion about what can cause this issue ?

Ah, 2nd question (less important): is there any way to show labels ? I'm playing in VR and seeing the targets in the first mission is quite hard without at least some small help...

Thanks anyway for the wonderful job !

I'm trying the first mission but I have a weird problem: after Colt 2 (my wingman) take off, there's no more way to access the communication menu. I keep pressing both the keyboard key as well as the HOTAS button but the comm menu never shows up again (while before Colt 2 takes off and on the ground everything works). I've even tried to reassign the comm menu button to other keys (both on HOTAS as well as keyboard) without success... Any suggestion about what can cause this issue ?

I have seen this a couple times in the last week or so, not just in this campaign (in fact I don't think I had the problem in this one). I normally make sure my mouse is in this screen if that makes sense, not on some other app or something by clicking on something in the cockpit to make 100% sure. I then pull the comms button out (I am sure that is not the correct technical term). I actually have it mapped to my HOTAS so push a button in, but it shows what channel it is on, and then I scroll a channel forward or back a bit and then back to the channel I want.

itarrow, I'm not having that particular issue with the radios.... Are you using the Comm1 or Comm2 keybinds? "LCTRL + " or "LALT + " ?

I've also updated the campaign to enable labels for all missions, if desired.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3301137/

Hey Sedlo, I’m using the easy comms, so in order to bring out the menu my default key bind is “\” (Italian kb, US should tilde ?), weird thing is that till my wingmen take off, everything works. I can get the comm menu with all the various (flight, wingman, ATC, etc) options as soon as I push the key... and then suddenly the key doesn’t work anymore...

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is it possible now to use the jhms with the 9x missiles in this now? Wanted to replay these again and try it out but didn't want to risk breaking the mission. Would definitely consider buying a paid campaign later if you plan on continuing to do these!

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

Won't break it, I think, you just won't get any fox-1 fox-2 calls.

It's not something the Canadians had back when this scenario is set, so it's not going to be true to life.

Then again, the CF-18 isn't really a lot 20 Cmodel (although it's damned close:)

Ah nice I'll try it out soon. I've been flying these over and over.

• 2 months later...
Awesome can't wait!