F-15C formation Curves.

Bubba17427

I have no desire to join an AB team.. Don't have time.

at any rate, I know you're asking for help but unfortunatly each person's flying and sticks are different. It's probably wiser to just fiddle with curves your self untill you get what works best for you. While I do formation fly I'm not in so close where having it perfect matters.

By the way, the best training aid for Formation flying would probably be A2A refueling. Work with that to get you where you need to be then move on to AB formation

For the WIN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If your desired effect on the target is making the pilot defecate his pants laughing then you can definitely achieve it with a launch like that.

Too many of my aerobatic displays end by riding a deep stall into mother earth.

You may talk to Sweeper, his high AoA pass with 3 bags is legendary. :megalol:

As far as formation flight (or attempting it) I've found setting up a 'User Curve" under axis tune too be incredibly helpful. My 3DPro with a simple 20-25 curve and a 5 deadzone made it pleasant enough to get comfortable. When I upgraded to the Warthog stick I found a pure linear response too twitchy for my liking with small stick movements. Using the same standard 25 curve and 0 deadzone made it tolerable when making small adjustments but more unpredictable as you increased input. The picture below is a crude user curve I made but try it out on both pitch and roll axes. You may need to add a small deadzone for your stick. It should be a good starting point though.

4nrQIfe.png

Hi, I have a Logitech Extreme 3d Pro joystick, and I am looking to start an aerobatic team. But before I do so, I need to get better at formations. What settings should I use in my curves? And Would anyone be willing to join my team? Thanks for the help!

It differs for everyone based on how they like their plane to respond, and on how their personal gear works, but a typical starting value seems to be between 15 - 20 curvature for both pitch & roll axes.

A big +1 for A-A refueling being good formation training. If you've never done it before in DCS, prepare for keyboard smashing levels of frustration, but keep at it & eventually you'll get the hang of it. Small & smooth stick inputs.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.