Upgraded Mig-29

Guest Guest

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can really jink the nose on it now (not sure that was possible before), and just add a lot of AOA in a split second.

At low speed its super sensitive in pitch and roll, but as speed builds up, it settles down.

Thats how it should be - its the artificial feel system.

In the real aircraft it changes the required stick force depending on altitude and air speed. There are different regimes, but e.g. at take-off and landing its light.

Below 3000 feet its only speed dependant and changes from light to heavy between 215 - 470 KTAS - from 650 - 810 KTAS it changes to light again.

Above 3000 feet it also depends on altitude and becomes lighter as altitude increases.

It sounds like thats what you are experiencing - i.e. the feel system is depicted by making control inputs more or less sensitive(since changing the required stick force isn't possible).

JJ

Using the dampening mode helps quite a bit (Lalt+1), but even then man!, it feels very bad in pitch!...the slightest pitch up stick imput makes the plane to "bump" like crazy (it also doesnt feels LINEAR, even when I use a linear curve) and as noted before, it makes a lot of bouncing in pretty much all axes as soon as you barely ask for it...mixing pitch and roll is almost imposible below quite high speeds and using rudder leads to very funny things too. I guess its due to old control systems.

Didnt expected this from the fulcrum but it reminds me to the F-5, just with much more power...you better are VERY gentle with it or all kind of odd thigs might start to happen.

At the same time, Im surprised how much similar to the prior, non PFM, it flies most of the time, especially the pitch up sensitivity which I had always atrubuted to a non PFM :dunno: ...looks like this is how the thing flies I guess.

Edited by watermanpc

Take a look at my MODS here

Give it time guys, is bound to change like all the other modules.

So far I love it. Mostly flown only the S but I like it. I want to buy the stand alone even tho I have FC3, hoping they make a lot of money out of this and drives/pushes ED interest in developing the full fidelity module (fingers cross).

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Has anyone tried it with the MSSFB2? (Downloading as we speak)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I've been reading all the posts here, but how does it feel now, when dogfighting against other aircraft ?

Does the PFM manage to get the MiG at the enemy's 6 o-clock easier ?

Does it turn better ?

Does it loose speed as fast as before when turning ?

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Nevermind just tried it myself. Good stuff, works great with force feedback too. Took me a while to get my bearings again.

I've not flown the SFM Mig29 ever, so I can't comment on how it used to be but this bird has energy to climb and turn forever. (Well, for as long as you've got fuel actually)

I've tried stalling it out and it's surprisingly hard to do so. Nice little interceptor, now just to wrap my head around the R77s and how to properly use it's radar.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Once you're slow, getting out of it is kind of difficult. It has an insane amount of thrust at supersonic speeds though, acceleration is impressive, but be careful at slower speeds, the nose lacks a bit of pitch authority too.

Thank you for the insight Vitor!

And what about dogfighting against other aircraft - is it easier to get on their 6 o-clock ?

Is the instantaneous / sustained turn rate better than SFM ?

Thank you.

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

Can you upload these missions somewhere for the community, pls?

Hi,

Just uploaded them on this thread:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=222382

Cheers!

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• 1 month later...
Achronyms ... what is PFM ???

Professional Flight Model (PFM).

This is generations beyond an AFM/AFM+ and is based upon:

Use a wider array of wind tunnel tests CFD methods for aerodynamics parameters calculations.

A higher level of aircraft construction details for forces calculations. For example: our landing gear model includes individual kinematics of retracting/extending is used to calculate its movement, servo-piston forces, etc. In such cases, we truly use real lengths, arms, etc. This also includes such items as a realistic simulation of airflow along the airframe due to the propeller or helicopter rotor thrust.

Realistic simulation of Flight Control, CAS and Autopilot systems.

Realistic simulation of Hydraulics, Fuel, Electrical, Engine and other systems influence flight characteristics.

Unprecedented access to test data packs.

This is combined with much more detailed and accurate accounting of the physical forces on the aircraft and airfoils. DCS examples of the PFM include the A-10C, Ka-50, P-51D, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, F-15C, Su-33 and Su-27 for DCS Flaming Cliffs, and the Fw190-D9.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB